A guy I'm dating told me he hasn't talked to his sick relative since she had a brain injury cos he can't cope with seeing her like that?

He was close with her before and stopped seeing her after the injury. What do you think about this?

Most Helpful Guy

• What should I think about it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I was really close to my aunt. 2 years ago she was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer and I couldn't cope with that. It was really hard for me to accept she might never recover from her disease so I started to pull away from her. I was constantly in fear of hearing bad news. She went into remission but I kept my distance until this summer when circumstances threw us together again. I am still trying to not get very close because If I see her suffering I hurt even more because I know if she'll be gone her suffering will end but mine will start. It's really difficult to see someone you love virtually die in front of your eyes.
    Don't be hard on him. It's his way of protecting himself...

What Guys Said 1

• I think it's understandable. People deal with emotions differently than others. I never went to my best friends funeral, because it was too painful to see him in a box

What Girls Said 1

• I think he should support her, because she probable needs it now, but I am not aware of his circumstances so I don't want to be judgmental.