Would he think I like him if I gave my guy friend a gift?

Hey, I have this guy friend I've grown close to over the semester and I really like him, but I'm sure he just sees me as a friend. We have a lot in common and we have a similar sense of humor. I found this book that I know he would like, and i went ahead and got it.

I don't think it's weird, but then I thought about it and thought if the roles were switched, I'd question if he was a little interested in me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I girl at work once gave me a Star Bucks chocolate and coffee milk shake. I thought it was sweet. Gosh I'm such an idiot. :(

• ... as in I did nothing (no present or whatever) to be nice to her back.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think he would interpret it a sign of interest, but then again I don't know the dude.

What Guys Said 6

• Just say "here I just want to show you how much I appreciate your friendship" that being said he won't think other wise..

• Give it to him. Know one gets mad at getting gift. Also by giving him a gift it could make him notice you.

• I think it will be pretty obvious to him that you liked him when you gifted it to him lol, well... sweet gesture, i will like a girl who im possibly physically attracted to when she sends me a gift.

• Nah, a book should be fine.

• I don't know

• no, it's not weird at all. give it to him

What Girls Said 3

• Not at all, I have done this with my guy friends, even when I had a boyfriend.

• Ok it is only weird if you don't know him that well, but because y'all have grown close it is not that awkward but give it to him on a special occasion other wise it is weird. 😄

• no that's not weird