Compatibility VS Chemistry?

Which is more important to you? Why? What do you usually seek out first? Compatibility or chemistry?

• Chemistry
  • Compatibility

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that they are both quality important. You can have chemistry and be totally incompatible. And you can be totally compatible and zero chemistry. You need both for a relationship

Most Helpful Girl

• equally important.
    Without compatibility, what good will chemistry be? Maybe good if you want to be friends with benefits because good chemistry more often than not leads to great sex but not much more.
    What good is being compatible but having zero chemistry? Good if you want to be friends I suppose, but not so good for a romantic relationship.

As for which one I seek out first? Hard to say. Sometimes you'll seem really compatible from the get-go, only to have them show their true colours as time goes on proving otherwise. Chemistry I guess is pretty hard to fake, but for many people doesn't become apparent whether it's there or not until they've been together for a while.
    I just go with my gut. If it feels right, I'll go along for the ride.
    (... no pun intended? :/ )

What Guys Said 8

• Chemistry matters more! Dating and relationships are ALL about feeling, without the feelings there the compatibility doesn't mean shit.

• Chemistry for the first sight, compatibility for long term relationship

• Both are equal. Even if you have great chemistry you both could be horrible for each other with out compatibility and the same goes the other way.

• Honestly I find both equally important.

• OW good question. What do you think?

• For me chemistry is more important when dating but for something long term, compatibility would surely become more important

• I think first compatibility and then chemistry because you have certain interests to be able relate to each other.

• Both are equally important, that's like saying which is more important your heart or your lungs?

• I thought they were they same thing lmao mistakes where made

• If there is chemistry, I can adapt my compatibility with a girl.

What Girls Said 4

• I think they're equally important. But chemistry has to just be there. Compatibility can be worked on.

• Chemistry...

• I don't know what the difference is.

• Personality-wise, I'm compatible with a lot of people, but the one I want to be with all the time has to be someone for whom I feel that awesomely thrilling chemistry.