Would you date someone who smokes marijuana?

I'm currently talking to a 26 year old and he smokes weed everyday. I feel that at his age it's a bit immature to get high every evening. I wouldn't mind if it was a once in a blue moon type of thing but it's literally everyday. I've never had a conversation with him when he wasn't high and it's getting kind of annoying. Would you date someone that smokes weed? How can I tell him that it bothers me without sounding like a controlling bitch?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would date someone who smokes weed, because I would like to smoke more.

But even so, I think you are completely justified. Dude needs to get a grip, if they still use that phrase. Can't he see he has a beautiful girl to 'tend to'? Can't 'make ends meet' when you're baked all the time. Tends to lessen the impact...

It's tricky, though. Habits tend to cause people to refuse any suggestion that they are habits. So, if you try to tell him anything, his likely first response will be that 'he doesn't smoke that often'. Then how can you say "well, I want you to smoke less seldom" without sounding like a controlling bitch? Or sound like a liar by trying to tell them it actually is fairly often. You can't. It's lose-lose. The only thing I think you might have a shot at is appealing to his sense of balance. Try getting him to do other things - go hiking, zoo climbing, whatever. Distract him. I'd imagine it's actually fairly easy for you to do so, often, but I mean do things with him that get him out of the house. At least then, you'll know if he's genuinely interested in you. Because if he's not then he won't want to do those things. And if he does them he'll smoke less pot. Win-win.

Most Helpful Girl

• im an occasional smoker and i honestly cannot imagine smoking every day, it would get old.
    if i were you i would just ask him why he smokes so much and if he ever gets tired or bored of it? that would kind of get a subtle point across about him smoking as often as he does.
    maybe he has nothing better to do, I don't know

What Guys Said 23

• I smoke weed myself but not every night. So I would date someone who smoked only if they smoked every once in a while like me

• Drugs of any kind are completely unacceptable for me, that includes weed, alcohol, tobacco, painkillers etc

• Not if they do it too much. I enjoy the occasional joint myself but it's not my main passion in life. After highschool it's extremely pathetic if weed is what a persons life revolves around

• Everyday is too much. At most I would smoke twice a month. Seriously, the money one spends to smoke pot everyday could be used on better things.

As for the original question, I would date a pot smoker. A tobacco smoker is a no go, however.

• Maybe if they did it once a week, but I rather them not.

I would try to slowly ween him off. I'm not sure really.

• Just be straight up with him.. like dude it gets annoying I'm trying to bond with u n ur too stoned to have a conversation... it's getting old

• I could, yes. But I'm not sure I'd do it every night.

• No, that's disgusting.

• I could not.

• fuck that absolute deal breaker

• Im a research chemist and I get high every day. If im immature I then that explains why the worls is fucked because then everybody wlse must be retarded.

• I am 18 and have smoked worst shit and have no problem pulling chicks yet lol so lmaoing at nerds in comments bht but u do sound like controlled freak

• I wouldn't date a weed smoker.

As for your question, just simply ask him if he could cut down smoking a bit, I'm not sure. I guess you could try distract him from it a little.

• Yes, yes I would.

• Weed isn't all that dangerous... Cocaine users, Meth and other hard drugs, that's the one you should avoid

• Why would you want to continue to get to know him if he is already annoying?

• Definitely not. I can't be around that.

• Most defiantly.

• Yeah I don't care. They can smoke weed all they want. So long it's not cigs.

• ... no I wouldn't. Bluntly.

• I smoke weed and jerk off so the answer is yes.

• No one mentioned anything about jerking off lol but okay

• Would you date someone... Rosy Palm and her 5 friends... yes... yes I would.

• I would never date a pothead. Drug users are assholes in action as Frank Zappa liked to say.

• I haven't smoked in years but I would smoke with my spouse

What Girls Said 18

• Personally no. I wouldn't, but that's just because I don't smoke it. I have no issue with people who choose to smoke. I've dated a guy in the past who smoked it every day. He wasn't clean about it either, so it was all over the place. I just don't think I could date someone again who smoked. Maybe once in a while. But not everyday.

• For me, no. I would not. I had a bad past with marijuana and I've grown past it. I would not want to bring that back into my life in any aspect.

• Everyday? Nope, I'll pass on that one.

• No I would not!

• Yeah I would I'm going to start smoking it soon and although it's cannabis/medical I can't judge someone when I'm doing the exact same thing.

• Lol. I know plenty of guys older than that who smoke every day. You might as well get used to it if you are seriously considering him as a boyfriend because people who smoke all the time (like myself) aren't likely to give it up for a S. O. It's usually best that pot heads date other pot heads. I have been there done that and it just doesn't work out.

• I'm not a fan of weed. So, to me that's something to consider. But the thing is... Sometimes it's just a fase, maybe the guy is about 20-23 and he is having fun on the weekends, so for me that's fine.
    Or maybe, the guy is young but he smokes every single day, so like, does he think for himself at all?
    Or even when the guy is older (maybe about 30?) and he smokes a lot, then you start thinking "will he ever grow up and stop caring so much about this?"
    But you know, it's all about perspective... Would you date a guy that drinks a lot and everytime you guys go out?

• Well since I have no heart , if he texts me saying "your coming over today" I'd be like "i don't think so bc once I come over I see you high every time , I don't want to sound like a bitch but unless you stop doing it everyday and do it once a week then I would be more happy to see you and spend time together I will show you how good it is to be with me and not be high I love you🙂"

• Everyday? No way.

• nah. too old, and mature for that nonsense

• If he does it every time no. But if he did it once a month and he's not around me sure.

• Bad idea. They bring unexpected trouble.

• I wouldn't date someone like that and I think he won't stop if you told him that it bothers you.

• Yeah but not everyday! That makes them a junkie!

• Definitely not.

• Hell no! I am not a fan of pot or potheads.

• 1.5 years ago I was talking to a guy who smoked weed. He went to jail for possession of marijuana and he was 26 when I met him. He also use to text drunk me. But I'm glad we never dated

• I don't tolerate smoking. It's a disgusting habit. So no, I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone who does.

Just tell him it bothers you and would appreciate it if he would cut down on doing it.