Should I talk to my girlfriend about this?

I have been dating this beautiful girl for 6 months. I love her. And I always tell her how much I love her. I send her long paragraph texts telling her how much I love her. I post about her on Instagram, make her my wcw and stuff. But it's never her first. She never texts me first about anything like this. Like yesterday marked our 6 months. And she was looking forward to it and excited and stuff. I posted about how it's been great with her. But she didn't at all, like I see all other girls or like her friends posting about their boyfriends every week, she hasn't posted anything about us in more than a month. I know it's not a big deal. But it's just makes me feel stupid that I do all this stuff, get her flowers, send her letters... it makes me feel sad kind of. Am I expecting too much? Should I talk to her? I also kinda feel depressed, not because of her tho, I think. Also should I just break it off? I don't want to, I love her. Am I being ridiculous?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you should break it off. Sometimes people are just generally less affectionate, especially when it comes to showing it in public. I don't think that means she cares any less about you, and you shouldn't worry about it.

However everyone loves and shows affection differently, this is their love language. Perhaps you and your partner's love languages do not line up, this doesn't mean it necessarily won't work out, but if it is giving you a complex and causing you to be insecure and unhappy, maybe you should consider finding someone who shares the same love language as you.

Consider other things, such as how she's treated past partners, or if she at one time acted much differently regarding her displays of affection for you. If this is the case, then ask her if she has had a change in heart and tell her that you will be understanding if she has, that way she will feel encouraged to be honest and truthful with you.

What Girls Said 2

• She is ungrateful, and unappreciative. You aren't getting your needs met, and you should be assertive and explain to her why you feel the way you do.

• Talk to her and tell her how you feel. Ask her how she feels about you. Ask her if she's upset with you or if you did something wrong. The key to any relationship is communication.

What Guys Said 0