Why a 28 year old man would never want to commit when he's been basically single his whole life?

I've been hanging out with a man who is 28. He's never had a serious relationship and told me he isn't lookin to commit or date anyone. The only relationship he had was for 2 weeks and that was it. Just curious of why a 28 year old man wouldn't want to commit when he's been single his whold life. Doesn't it get old?

Most Helpful Guy

• damn, do you know if he is even attracted to you? but ya it seems whenever you hear of a person who is 25+ years of age and always been single, it's pretty much mostly guys, men.

• I'm sure he is. He tells me how hot I am. And not bragging or anything but I know I am really attractive. And when we are together I feel like he likes to show me off by bringing me everywhere and being affectionate with me in public in front of his friends and random people... But he tells me he's never going to get married and will be single till 50 bc he is still young and will just be the kind of person with a lot of dogs and cats.. i just feel like doesn't it get old? i really don't understand why? Your a man, why would you want to be forever single and alone? Doesn't having meaningless sex and with randoms get old? Especially when you've been doing it all your life.

• Oh I see, so just one-night stands?

• Yeah I suppose.. I don't know I never really asked

Most Helpful Girl

• For varies reason and in the past or his childhood or trauma... maybe he like to be alone not everyone want to be committed!

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe it's his option not to be in a relationship... ever.

• well if he is able to get laid, but has never had a girlfriend, he obviously must be doing something right

What Girls Said 1

• For some reason he dislikes relationships or is afraid of them, but those reasons are personal. In my opinion it has to do with the type of family he grew up with, most probably a harsh environment.