What's the longest you have been without a partner?

I have been single for 5 years (lots of guys ask me out but if I am not attracted to them I don't date them). I have had 3 relationships in this time, but they all broke my heart. Any suggestions? I'm an attractive, kind girl who would love to meet my soul mate... not understanding why my special guy never shows up..

Most Helpful Guy

• Any suggestions? uhhh... YEAH... from what im reading... you need a LOT of guy etiquette lol..

• Lol oh?

• they aren't going to show up with a sign on their forehead honey... it takes work.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been single for 2 years and those 2 years were the best, many people think being single is sad and horrible. it really isn't, i did many projects i raised money i traveled around the state i advanced in sports i was A/B honorable student i was successful because i focused on me. To love someone else you must first love yourself and its good to spend time working on your future trust me you don't need a guy to be happy the right guy will come at the right time so for now work on you on your future friends good luck beautiful

• Awe thank you so much, love this!! So true and yes, that's what I am working on as we speak - I guess I just get a little disheartened that it has been so long - I'm scared of being single forever. I just don't get why I haven't found my best friend and partner yet...😔

• For being a "youngin" this is wise advice!!! You definitely have a good head on your shoulders!

What Guys Said 22

• If you mean longterm girlfriend, then years. If you mean anything from hooking up/dating to relationship then a couple months.

• 18 long years

• A part of being in s relationship I'd adjusting to each other's imperfections. The other part of being in a relationship is not giving up on each other and working things out. I'm not implying you didn't do these things but with this its not difficult to find a partner. You just have to decide which of his imperfections you can tolerate best.

• Thank you for your comment - I really like your perspective and I fully fully agree. I found the 3 relationships that I did have - it was the guy who was not willing to be there for me... sadly..

• If a guy leaves her she should not force a guy to stay, that will make her look desperate. A person can only do so much we can not control others

• Thanks! Yes, I feel as though after learning a few lessons I am strong in what I want and don't settle! I truly am waiting on the right one. 😀

• 'I have been single for 5 years (lots of guys ask me out but if I am not attracted to them I don't date them).'

All I can say is that being 36-45, you might want to reconsider your standards.

• Lol thanks for your comment, I didn't mean to sound picky - it's just that I know pretty much instantly if I have a connection with a guy when I meet him and I guess for me the only 3 that I have had that with in the last 3 years broke my heart. I guess I'm just discouraged and wondering if my soul mate is really out there...

• 'I didn't mean to sound picky'

It's ok since I'm the same, basically (but would change my mindset at a later age). Uh, well that's ok then if it is emotional connection you mean by attraction (or if that is a main factor since looks, ambition, etc. might be important qualities also).

For example this woman could be considered an attractive prospect in her age group:

www.flickr.com/photos/9110880@N04/7636476418

But she would still be looking to adjust her dating mindset to find a potential partner because when she was younger she would have been able to date and sleep with much higher status men.

• Never had a girlfriend

• I have you beat on that and every girl I ask out turns me down but I'm looking for the same thing you are though

• 👍🏻👍🏻 one day the perfect match will come along and they will love you more than anything! 😀😀

• 31 years is the longest.

• A women your age should shoot foren in their early fiftes if you want to find love.

• On my next birthday, it will have been 28 years. 😒

• Um around 20 months since my first.

Currently on a 10 month dry streak.

• 18 years aka my whole life.

• 5 years.

I want a Christian girl who's pretty for the first time in my life. Most girls st church aren't thr type I've been dating...

• Hmmmm well I am a pretty Christian girl! Lol - yes, I as well dreamed of finding the same... 🌟

• 41 - but have been told lots I look early 30's so that's nice..

• 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• my whole life

• I was single for 18 years

• Let's see... 15 years

..

..
    .

• I've never had a partner before

• since i was born XD

• Well I'm 15, and I'm going 15 years strong, lol

• i've been single all my life by choice. girls choice

• Same for me I have never been in a long term relationship in my life

• I have been single for 7 years.

I have met three women that I had a close connection with but they never became my girlfriends for various reasons.

I gave up on relationships four years ago and have accepted that I'm meant to be single, I'm meant to be on my own and I am living life to the best of my abilities.

• Thanks for your response - I too feel the same some days as honestly, I am scared that I may just be alone for the rest of my life. I don't want to be - but like you, I have had 3 relationships, but they never seemed to want to fully put 100% in. I feel as though relationships are so disposable in today's society. I hope both of us find true love one day - for now let's be happy with being two awesome single people! 😀😀

• Six years.

What Girls Said 11

• It was 18 years.

• hmm... what about never!

• 2 years 7 months and still counting

• close to a year maybe

• 25 years. it sucks, but maybe it's for the best.

• 18 years and counting :P

• My whole life so your doing better than me.

• Up until I was 13. So, 13 years.

• I've never had a real relationship

• I am still single and being single for a long time is nothing new to me

• 17 years. Best you can do is find a guy you are attractive to and see where things go with him.