Guy left me because of my depression?

He said i was someone with no ''goals or ambitions in life'. I was going through a hard time because of an family sitituation that was causing me stress. He never tried to understand or help me and then made it seem like i betrayed him. He has moved on now with a very ugly girlfriend (no joke), her personality might be the best tho... but i feel betrayed on why he just gave up on me... it made me realize that people run away and aren't trustworthy when times are tough... he was suprised i said that he literally doesn't have to come back when im doing in well in life, he said i was just trying to be ''tough'' and showing off and that i was pathetic for saying that. He called me ''unstable''.

Most Helpful Guy

• No one is perfect we all have our faults. You shouldn't leave someone for depression it's in controllable in some case, medical may help is some, other a strong support network "friends, family, boy/girlfriend". Some people can't handle real life so they go for easier things "when they find out you have medical issues, there partner gets pregnant or money's tight".

You are young 18-24 family stress, work, school, hormones "your body is still growing", trying to decide what you want to do in life it's all natural, Don't worry about him. You will find someone else work on and focus on work/school and your personal well being, improve yourself. It wasn't you it was him.

• And THAT what i was talking about, he said you dont know what you want in life, and i told him its normal, im at that age, and he was like yeaaa there are many people who know what they want at your age, im a human trying to find out and he wasn't helping me, im at school i work , i still finish even tho i might not like it, i think he was scared of me leaving him, im a beautiful girl with many options and he didn't like tha

• His loss, in school, work, you cared about him and beautiful. I say good bye to him, you need someone who will support you not being you down. When you date someone prettier or "better" you tend to have that fear they will leave you.

Most Helpful Girl

• As a fellow sufferer of depression, I understand this fully. I was in a similar situation. I was with a guy who made me feel guilty for my lack of enthusiasm. We broke up, and now I'm with a man who goes above and beyond to make me happy, and when he can't due to the illness, he just is there for me. Your man will come, I know it's hard but be patient. You will find your love who makes you feel that it's okay to have tough days and makes you feel that you are walking on sunshine on others. I wish you the best :)

What Guys Said 11

• The mans is a dick, as someone with depression myself.
    You will find someone who will care about you and be willing to help you through your rough patches.
    It happened to me

• He left you because you're probably depressed for nothing like 99% depressed chicks out there who are constantly whining about how hard life is for them. Even if you really are it is almost impossible for him to do anything and who would want to stay with a whiny brat forever? He moved on to something better.

• depressed for nothing? i went to a medical trauma at a young age, it took 5 years of my life, i didn't realize i was depressed untill last year, that is the thing with depression, you dont realize you are depressed if you are depressed, and i wasn't whining, i was just isolating myself and he said it was laziness, i really didn't see the point in many things, i didn't even wanted sex, he moved on to some golddigger

• ""i didn't even want sex""

Aaaaaaaaand there's your answer

• ''Oh life is so hard! Im depressed!'' you are indeed a whiny brat. Probably lazy as well as he said. This reminds me of someone else in my life.

• from your brief description he sounds like's a self centred prick and quite honestly you're better off without him.

When times are tough you find out who your real friends are, the people who will truly stand by you.

• Douchebag who wasn't the right guy... I have friends who left me after they learned I was suicidal... And then there were the few unexpected friends who showed up and built my life back up. Honestly prolly it was fate's way of telling you there is someone else out there

• He seems like a jerk. Forget about him.

• Winners never cheat?
    He was just trying to blow you off.
    Forget that faggot.

• well he's just a shit.

• poser u are not depressed

• if you were mine, i would try to make you happy and forget your depression

• When times get tough real men stay for the fight... Quitters never win, winners never quit

• Unrequited love is for your children.

Romantic love doesn't survive if you're not getting something back.

What Girls Said 7

• He's being a jerk. Many people won't stay through hard times. That takes a lot of caring. It's not your fault that he left, and I think you're right to keep him gone from your life. You deserve to have people who are positive about you and support you.

• It honestly sounds like he didn't have enough feelings invested to stick around through life's normal ups and downs.

• If you suffer from depression, you need to take responsibility and seek professional help. You can't be angry with him if he's ill equipped to deal with your issues. If you don't want this to continue happening, seek help and if suggested, medication.

• Be grateful! I wouldn't want him if didn't want supprt me!

• If he left you, it's because you don't need that kind of a person in your life.

• It wasn't meant to be... Move on.

• He's a dick.