Is it unhealthy to still think about the guy I used to like when I'm dating another guy?

It's only a very recent thing with this new guy but it's promising so far. I still find myself feeling sad about the other guy sometimes though, wondering what could have been... I knew him for months and was emotionally invested in him for that long so I guess it's normal. He ended things with me about 4 weeks ago so the pain is still there. Will this go away as I see the new guy more?

I only think of the old guy from time to time, more how he hurt me tbh. I've literally only started dating this new guy lol, so I should get over it as me and him get closer

Most Helpful Guy

• My wife was married to a man for five years before me. He died. We have been together for over a decade now, married for over six years. She still thinks about him sometimes.
    I still think about all of my exes now and again. There is always the thought of what might have been. Hell, I still think about the crushes I have had throughout my life and wonder what might have been.
    Is it unhealthy? Only if you let it negatively affect your current relationship.
    Will it go away? Not completely, but it may fade with time.
    My advice, give yourself more time to heal before going into your next relationship. You are young yet and have plenty of time to find the right relationship for you. Going into new relationships too soon is not healthy.

What Guys Said 10

• You'll probably stop feeling interest in the old guy in time, unless you feel he's special. I like to have enough time to get over the person for awhile before dating. If you just miss the old guys company but you're getting company from the new guy, maybe not.

• You have to try an focus your love on the new guy.
    But of course it's no problem that it still hurts. We're human so we attach to people. And since you've known him for months and loved him, it's quite normal that it takes time :D
    Just try not to let your new guy be the victim of it... like "not being ready" to give love :o

• Yeah its unhealthy.

Hopefully it will go away. I mean it should eventually.

• I'm not sure. I don't think about my ex at all and she definitely wasn't loyal.

• Yea , unhealthy. You can't move on until you are over your ex.
    That's called rebound ! Not fair to the other. In bed with new guy thinking , wishing it was your ex? Crying in side? Not good

• Lol I've not been in bed with this new guy, haven't even with the old guy 😂

• Oh your talking about guys you like or liked. Your not talking about breaking up a relationship. Me bad.
      The first guy dumped being a friend? Or he don't like you any more? Ir he wanted sex and wasn't trying anymore.
      Something isn't adding up

• He basically told me for months how I was the only one etc but then all of a sudden stopped his feelings apparently :(

• Thats bad... u may not even life this new guy you're seeing

• yes. :/

--------------

• Yeah... definitely you are supposed to get closer to the recent guy

• Not unhealthy, more like unfair. . To him

• How am I being unfair to him? It's normal for me to feel hurt still. I like the new guy, it's not like i'd ever go back to the old one

• Because ur still thinking about the other guy.. and ur using him to get over the other guy. Selfish u should of waited at last a couple months not just get with a guy right away

• I feel sorry for the new guy.

What Girls Said 1

• Well did u start seeing the new guy as a rebound? Like strictly to get over your ex?

• The other guy wasn't even an ex, we never even got to that stage :/
      Nah I do like this new guy