Poll: Would you date a successful woman?

Short description of woman:
Law student
Published author
Founding CEO of a nonprofit
National Speaker
Blogger

• Yes (This is assuming you find her physically attractive)
  • No, I prefer someone who isn't that accomplished
  • No, I believe a girl like that would be high maintenance
  • Other (Please elaborate in the comments section)
Just a quick clarification, the woman being described has accomplished all of the things mentioned. I included blogger because her blog received some awards and recognition. I apologize for not making that clear from the start!

Most Helpful Guy

• I could be a trophy husband! 😬

Ok serious answer...
    In theory, yes I'd be open to it (assuming she's physically attractive).

Honestly though, none of that stuff really matters to me. Like its impressive but they aren't really things that matter to me in a significant other. I want someone who is attractive, fun, pleasant, and can hold a conversation. Someone who is a lawer/ceo/blogger is just excessive. She's probably not going to be the most pleasant or easygoing person to be around either.

I can't hold a candle to her acomplishments and I know most women want a man equally as acomplished as they are.

Also I'm not a huge fan of bloggers or lawyers. I get the vibe a lot of those women go through men pretty quickly so I guess I could be one if her boy toys for the month but I wouldn't want to try to build anything serious with her.

Most likely I'd prefer to just be platonic friends with her if anything.

• This has definitely got to be one of the more insightful responses I've seen thus far... I may not agree with everything, but I find your perspective immensely fascinating. I will say though, I am interested to know more about this vibe you mentioned and how you reached some of the conclusions you did. Are they baseless or do they root in personal experience? Hmm, if I had to guess, I would lean more towards the latter being your basis for this response.

• Well its mostly based on anecdotal evidence and gut feelings. I technically can't definitively prove anything I've said.

I do believe that just like women tend to prefer a man who is at least equally as tall as she is, she so prefers a man at least equally as acomplished. Sure there are exceptions but I think it's true in most cases.

this is a summary of fairly recent survey that also comes to that conclusion

www.marketwatch.com/.../rich-women-like-rich-men-and-rich-men-like-slender-women-2015-09-28

here's the primary source but you need to pay for full access

www.sciencedirect.com/.../S0191886915005462

• As far as why I say they are not pleasant to be around... I think to be a successful or lawer, that requires a sort of "take no prisoners mentality" which is impressive and admirable but not really something I look for in a girlfriend.

As far as bloggers, I suppose it depens on the person. It also depends if you mean a successful paid blogger or someone who has a popular tumbler. When I think blogger Im thinking about the ones who write about their sexual experiences and about the various ways men have skrewed them over.

Also I think bloggers along with lawyers often live in new York City or LA which are known for promiscuouity/ the sex in the city lifestyle.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 41

• Already dated a women becoming a gourmet chef and another one who is a combat medic in the army, so sure.

FYI a woman's success or lack of it really makes no difference to me at all.

• I would be careful with those women, because career-women almost always have shortcomings in other areas for various reasons.

Additionally I fail to understand how being a blogger fits in the above list.

• Wouldn't you say we all have shortcomings in various areas? How does her being successful make her the only one or more prone to having other shortcomings?

• Everyone naturally has shortcomings, but career-women have a very specific set of shortcomings which makes them unappealing as a relationship partner. And considering the up-votes here I am not the only one thinking like this.

How to pinpoint said shortcomings is a different story though. It is difficult to do. Mainly guys barely care about a girls career as long as she is capable of handling herself. It's quite far down on the priority list while other aspects and attributes are way further up and those aspects are often underrepresented in career women.

• I don't see how being a blogger has anything to do with being successful.

But yeah I would date a successful woman, as we matched well. I think its a small bonus, definitely better than dating someone who was fully dependent on you financially and couldnt really do anything on her own. Also it would be less likely that she would try to rob me blind if we ever got divorced. But her being successful isn't a huge deal and I won't automatically be interested in you just because you're successful.

• Successful = Ambition.
    That's a very sexy character trait to have

• I would date a successful woman. Economic success speaks well of a woman's character traits. Still, women care more about the socioeconomic status of their partner than guys do, so whether the relationship is successful wouldn't depend on how I felt about her success at all. It would depend on how she felt about my situation relative to hers.

• I don't think someone that accomplished would be interested in dating me, unfortunately :(

• So you do find successful women attractive? :)
      All my previous relationships with men have been with guys less "accomplished" than me. I prefer someone who compliments me-- and for my case, that means a laid back, charismatic guy who makes sure I remember to relax and take it easy sometimes!

• Yes, that's the type of woman I want. I want a winner, someone who strives for success.

• Don't care and don't mind
    If she's good to me then even if she's the queen of England I'll date her

• I wouldn't think a girl like that was interested in a guy like me but if she was I'd date her so long as she can accept the fact that I will never have the same career ambition as her.

• A professionally successful woman.

• Interesting you say that. Your response is an obvious indicator of the stringent gender roles created by society, implemented within various social institutions, and which continue to permeate our ideology. When men are doing well professionally, society considers them "successful". With women however, your comment actually rings true to some extent. They would only be considered 'professionally' successful. In order to be considered "successful", women have to do so much more.

• Yes I am very attracted to ambitious successful women.

• She would be a perfect fit

• I would if she'd be willing to date me.

• I wouldn't being dating her necessarily because she's successful, although I do somewhat prefer to date a woman that is.

• If she's gonna be giving up da pussy, sure

• yes. i'd date anybody with a nice rack, nice body, and the puss to boot.. if she were "successful" or not.

• Even if she had no personality and an IQ to match?

• no, but then you get offended who does what in life... haha..

• Please refrain from projecting your insecurities on me.

• Yes, because men don't have the same requirements as women.

• Heck i wouldn't even care if i had to be a stay at home... man
    i dont want to be a Dad... ever xD

• I am successful man and it may perfect for me date with successful girl

• That she's waving all this in my face... no.

• Of course, if she is attractive ;)

• Well an accomplished woman prefer a guy who is more successful than her plus she is attractive... I think that woman won't date like me

• Hell yeah! That would be awesome. I hate dumb people anyway

• Yeah, if she's hot, then being successful is an obvious plus.

• If I have to match her standard then yes but right now I'm nowhere her standard so no I won't date them cuz I knew she rejected me so I don't bother them

• How do you know what her standard is?

• She had higher education, i figure out she expect me to be the same standard as her. That why I'm hesitate to date them.

• If I got the chance to talk to her... maybe. Then get to know her? I don't know.

• I personally like to only date girls that I am more successful than. I like to take care of them, be a man you know?

• Interesting. So you believe "being a man" means being the provider and caretaker for a woman?

• Yeah, pretty much.

• Thanks for sharing your opinion. Your perception on gender roles is not uncommon. It will however be interesting to see if you feel the same five or six years down the road.

• I would earn my ''I fucked the prom queen'' medal and then leave her. Thats it.

• Irrelevant. Maybe yes, maybe not ;)

• Those are ok. She's not retarded and she can probably speak and read good :D

• No, i want someone who is a level below me so that i will make myself feel better.

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 7

• if a guy is ACTUALLY intimidated by a successful woman, that should be an indication that he needs to up his own game.
    id never apologise for being successful.

• Assuming that I am actually planning to be a successful woman (and already am quite successful so far) it would be kind of hypocritical of me to not date a successful person, right?
    To go even further I would say that a successful/ambitious person is actually my preference.

• A blogger? Lol

• The woman in question does all of the things mentioned in the short description. I included blogger because her blog received several awards and recognition.. I probably should have clarified that from the start lol

• Oh lol seems cool

• Just dating, sure... if i was a man but i don't know if they are relationship material based on their accomplishments. She sounds like she can be a control freak and obsess with doing too much.

• I don't know that a blogger is necessarily accomplished, but yes, I would date a successful wo/man.

• i'd date the man version if he wasn't annoying.

• i'm sure they would as you two had chemistry