How to ask about the nature of our relationship?

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if you could offer your advice.
I've been dating a girl for a little over a month. We're both 26, and things have been going great. Daily texting, flirting, etc. We've met probably three times per week during this time, going on dates and then spending the night at each other's houses.

To begin with she said she was after something serious, and so am I, so I figured we were pretty okay. Being this close this often is nice, and even though it has been moving fast, none of us really complained or were thrown off by this. We are even going on a vacation together!

The thing is though, I'm not quite sure what the nature of our relationship is at this point. Does she consider me her bf? I've met her closest friends, she's met mine, but there was never any formal introduction to speak of.
The other day while talking she kind of explicitly said "we don't really know each other", which threw me off a little, as I have had a feeling that we do know each other quite well now.

So I'm a bit at a loss. Should I ask about the nature of our relationship? I am wondering, but at the same time I don't want to scare her off by asking about this too quickly.. We're having so much fun together, and she says she really likes me, but I am still having doubts as to what this actually is.

Thanks in advance!

What Girls Said 1

• "So, what are we to each other?"

What Guys Said 1

• You could say something like, " Hey, can we talk for a second? Do you mind if I become completely honest?" Assuming that she says yes, ask, " I'm a little bit confused; don't get me wrong. I am having a great time with you, but I'm a little weary on what we have. Are we officially in a relationship?"