Guys opinion: Lack of sex?

I am 22 years old, and my boyfriend is 21 and we have been together 2.5 years. As I've gotten older, I feel like my sex drive has gotten smaller and smaller, and I feel like its negatively impacting our relationship. My boyfriend would be happy to do it twice a day, every day if he could, whereas I am fine with doing it once every other week or so. It's literally always on his mind, and the first thing he thinks of when he sees me. Currently he works about 70 hours a week 5-6 days a week at his job, and I'm a full time college student so we only see each other on weekends. He usually wants to go out to bars on the weekend and ends up getting drunk, but I would rather stay home and relax watching a movie or something. So we haven't had sex in like 3 weeks or so because for the past several weeks he has had to work on Saturday or he's gone out and gotten drunk. I don't feel in the mood if I'm too tired and I hate it when he gets drunk so I definitely don't want to do it then either. He always wants morning sex and I just think doing anything before a shower is dirty and kinda gross. We both live at home with our parents and I just feel like its awkward to do it when they are awake or home as they could hear us, and his older brother loves to embarass us about it. So since it's been such a long time since we have done it, my boyfriend wouldn't stop complaining about it today because he feels so deprived and it's not fair, but we've both been seriously so busy the past several weeks. Also the littlest things turn him on and then he obviously wants to do it and then acts like I'm being a tease if I don't give it to him. I tried to explain to him today that for me its hard to feel passionate and ready to do it whenever when I barely get to see him and don't hear from him much.

So am I out of line here or does it make sense how I feel?

What Guys Said 1

• How you feel makes perfect sense. How he feels makes perfect sense too. You just have different sex drives. Of course part of that may be stress induced, but still different. You have a right to feel the way you do, but in the long run people with different sex drives a not going to be happy together.

• Yeah I can see that. And I'm not saying his reasons aren't valid and I do get what he feels, but I wish he would understand where I'm coming from too you know?

• Imagine you just back from a hike in the woods eating dehydrated food, and not much of it. You're walking in town and a friend takes you to a beautiful pastry shop, and you both sit down. Then your friend says, well, let's talk I want to hear about your hike, but he doesn't want you to eat, because that would be rude. You might understand the idea that it would rude to eat, but how happy would you be with your friend?

What Girls Said 0