Do you think men/women should wait for the other sex to approach them, approach them and ask them out to date, or approach & become acquainted first?

• I think if you like someone, you should wait for them to approach you first, and ask you out to be dating
  • I think if you like someone, you should wait for them to approach you first, and become acquainted/friends first and THEN start dating
  • I think if you like someone, you should approach them, and ask them out to be dating
  • I think if you like soemone, you should approach them, and become acquainted/friends first and THEN start dating
  • I DON'T KNOW
  • I DON'T CARE
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer becoming friends before I make a move, but I'm also fine with approaching straight away. There isn't always time (or opportunity) to become friends first. Be honest about your intentions.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a pretty retarded strategy to not approach someone you like. What if they never approach you? How long are you going to wait?

What Girls Said 5

• I've never been a fan of waiting or sitting back while expecting someone else to come up to you. There is literally no good excuse to not walk up to the person you like and get to know them. Or well, actually there's one, and that's if you know they're taken. Don't date taken people.
    I just don't see why anyone would wait for someone else to get shit done when they might as well do it themselves. With this kind of mentality you will never get anywhere. One of my ex friends is literally like this with everyone. She'll never start a conversation (unless it's urgent but that's extremely rare), she'll never approach, she'll never do anything. She has lost so many friends now because of it, myself included, because I just don't feel like she's a good friend for not putting any effort into anything. She moved to Sweden about six months ago, and so did one of our mutual friends. To the same city. Have they met up, even once? Nope. She doesn't want to contact our mutual friend. Why? "Because if she was really interested in seeing me, she would contact me first". What a massive double standard. Only speaks volumes about her own (lack of) interest.
    You will get a lot more results if you actually try to put yourself out there, even if some of those results are unexpected or negative. In my opinion, any kind of result is better than no result. Because then you can comfort yourself with the thought that you at least tried. Whereas if you don't even try and you miss a great opportunity, you'll just end up wondering for forever how things might have worked out if you had just STOPPED SITTING ON YOUR DAMN ASS. Lol.

• I think if people like someone, regardless of whether they're a man or woman, they should pursue that person instead of waiting around for their person of interest to magically fall on their lap.

• I am the type that waits for things to happen and it never happens. I like someone at church and he's a really nice guy, he has a great job, we are the same age, he's a little older just a tad and tall. I want to go up to him and ask him out or ask for his number or even ask if he likes coffee. I don’t drive but I can meet him at a starbucks or something and talk to him. Plus my family know him, so it might work out. I just have to just ask but I am a big chicken and because my family is always close by and they always try to correct me but I really like him, and they are the ones who told me to date someone like him, so they should let me.

• I think you should ask them and don't be friends first because being friends could ruin it if it don't work out

• Technically things always get ruined if it doesn't work out, that is the definition of things getting ruined

You can always just stay friends after a mutually established mature breakup, the real issue is when your next partner is a controlling prick who thinks you have to inevitably bone people with whom things already didn't work out at all

• Yeah that true.

• This is just for me, how I do things.

If I like someone, I will approach them. I will get acquainted (if we don't know each other) before I ask them out. This only happened once. I usually am attracted to guys I hang out with/are friends with first. If I start developing other feelings for the friends, I ask them if they want to date. They say yes, we go out but realize we aren't as compatible and revert back to just friends.

What Guys Said 5

• No one 'should' wait to be approached. But women almost always wait for that, while men just can't afford to wait.

• I think if you like someone, you should approach them, and become acquainted/friends first and THEN start dating

• You have to approach , and make it happen

• Voted D, though B would be convenient for me since I've never gotten past the friends phase.

• It depends. If you are very attractive and/or the market is in your favor you can let them come to you. If you are less attractive or the market is against you you have to put yourself out there. It's the same with anything, selling a house, looking for a job & etc.