Can someone give me reasons why people Should NOT date a co worker?

I met a guy and he's from my job lol i like him he likes me but haven't went on a date yet is this okay to think about dating each other?

Most Helpful Guy

• If things fall through, you're going to have to work with your ex with all those feeling swirling inside of you!

in my opinion, that risk is worth dating a co-worker. It is one of the few places post-college where people have frequent unplanned interactions enough to build friendships and crushes!

Most Helpful Girl

• I am dating my boss which is worse lol. I dont see any negatives cause he and I talked about it and we decided that if we broke up we would just still act professional. I treat him like my boss at work but after work I treat him like my boyfriend :o I see no negatives at all.

What Guys Said 17

• Don't dip your pen in company ink. It causes distractions and if either one of you are a supervisor, then there could be appearances of favoritism. If it ends, you force people to choose sides and things become awkward.

• Don't shit where you work.

• I want to date my coworker too! But reasons not too... life at work can be so awkward. But that doesn't mean it will be. When couples get upset with each other it's obvious and too many people get involved. Sometimes they're the ones who cause the break up. People like to ask personal questions and start rumours like "she's cheating on him" or "she does the nasty with me too". You'll have to use your own judgement.

• There was a new girl in our office who dated and fu*ked every guy there including me. Didn't matter if they were single or married, even did this one chick and all in the space of a few months. Basically after a few fist fights, broken relationships and pissed wifes assaulting her in the office she got sacked. Still a bad atmosphere in the office.

• Considering your age, you're probably working a minimum wage short term job. In that case, there's no reason not to since one of you is likely to find another job in the relatively near future.

But when you're working at having a career, this complicates workplace dynamics. If things go south with the relationship or people start talking, it can make work difficult. Not such a big risk if you're working for a large company and you don't work closely with the person in question, but dating people in the same department is not advisable, and especially not someone you work with daily or are in a managerial relationship with.

• Of course it's ok to think about it. Is it ok to do it? Maybe.

The downside is risking workplace awkwardness if things go south and those emotions come into the shift with you

• the platinum rule falls nice and snug into place here.

• I haven't done it because it can create problems. Let's say you and your co worker were to date and start having problems possibly to the point you're not even on speaking terms, but your job requires you to communicate with your co worker. Then you have two problems at the same time.

• The fallback really. If it doesn't work out, it gets weird to be in the same room as them and whatnot

• Its not the dating as much as it is give the possibility of a break-up where someones be unhappy.

• The way I see it, you're risking that if it ends up bad, you can have an even harder time seeing him at work everyday. If you're OK with that risk, then go ahead.

• If it goes wrong, recriminations fester, especially if one supervises the other.

• Sometimes relationship problems will spill over into the work place. This is why it's largely frowned upon. Secondly if the relationship ends badly you will be stuck seeing someone you hate everyday.

• If two people than manage a relationship in a workplace without distracting each other or other people then there's no problem. Its nice to see the person you love on a daily basis and sure as hell make you feel better if you're having a bad day at work, On the other had it can lead to real problems if there individuals bicker and fight. If you can't really tell someones dating another person at a workplace then there's no problem.

• Your a girl you can date whom you want. Dudes don't bang a coworker, asking for trouble.

• You never shit where you eat... or you may end up eating shit...

• People think it's because it could ruin business related things and it could. There's risk there. Doesn't mean it can't work, but there are risk.

What Girls Said 9

• Well I think it's possible and usually people say no because they feel if you end it will affect your work, but if you're dedicated to your job no matter what it shouldn't be a problem.

• I've done this. Don't do this :/ if you break up it'll be awkward as hell and you'll end up with colleagues talking about your business and even taking sides. Thankfully I no longer work with my ex but he was a manipulative piece of shit who made everyone believe he was lovely but was an absolute bastard behind closed doors. So everyone naturally took his side when he broke my heart. Be careful.

• You will see them all the time!

• Someone is gonna get fired

• Just know if it ends badly then you'll have to see him everyday...

• Its against the rules in so many workplaces

• I've done exactly the same thing, things went wrong and we can't even look at each other now and I'm going to find something else, just be careful

• Some jobs will require you to transfer if you date a coworker, it depends on your employer.

• I believe that if you want to date him and perhaps start a bright future together than go for it! Liking is liking or love is love.

One downfall to dating a co-worker though is that some jobs find that unacceptable. Try it if your boss is chill enough to allow it!