Is it wrong that I'm happy my boyfriend got robbed?

My boyfriend just got robbed at gunpoint in his apartment complex. The guys took his phone, iPad, ID, laptop, and car keys. Obviously he doesn't feel comfortable around there anymore and is moving his stuff into storage and living with me, which I am so happy about. He is dealing with all the emotions you would expect and i am there for him. He can get very angry at times and I just want to help him through this trying time. Today, I told the complex that they can keep his deposit, and told them that he will no longer be living here, and that I will pay any fee associated with him breaking his lease. Even though I am ecstatic and satisfied how this has turned out, I feel like a bad girlfriend for being happy about everything that has taken place. Am I wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are happy he got robbed then that is bad. If you are just happy that has lead to an opportunity for you then that is normal. People should be grateful for the good things in their lives.

Overall you sound normal, but it can be taken the wrong way. So it is best not to tell others. Imagine a guy you work with has a great position at the company, and you like him as a person. Then he dies and you get the position you always wanted.

You can be both saddened by his death and happy over your new job at the same time. That doesn't mean you are happy that he died. Your conflicting emotions are just confusing you.

What Guys Said 15

• Ehhhhh, that's a pretty intense question. I mean, you're only happy about the situation because you get to be closer to him, so I can't quite fault you greatly for not hating the overall situation. That being said, it might be prudent to keep that happiness to yourself eh? This is a really stressful situation for him and he's hurting right now. Catching you satisfied with the result right now is a great way to end a relationship.

I just hope you're not TOO happy with his situation, considering your boyfriend who you supposedly love dearly just went through a traumatic experience.

• Yes, you psychopath. You are delighted that his bad fortune is playing into your hands, yet you haven't given us any reason why this makes you happy.

So I'm calling troll.

• Hell yes you are wrong ! The man could have been shot. If he finds this out I hope he dumps you like a hot rock. Happy he got robbed , WOW ; what a huge heart you have.

• I can't lie... that's some sick twisted shit, happy ur boyfriend got robbed so he moves in with you.

• I believe you're happy about him moving in with you, but if you're also happy that he got robbed then you're one strange lady

• I think you might be happy that you have the opportunity to mother him a bit and that you get to be closer to him.

Ask yourself this, if he got robbed and stayed in his apartment, how do you think you'd feel?

• Breaking your lease has negative effects on your credit. Make sure the apt complex doesn't f that up for him too. You should wear slutty stuff to cheer him up.

• Well sure its understandable that such a tragic event has created perhaps a stronger bond and you are happy about it. Thats ok I guess
    Its a little fucked up, but don't worry about it haha.

• you're a bad person for being happy.

• Um... yeah. Why be happy that he got robbed? I mean, seriously.

• a little bit

• No your just a typical women

• Maybe you have a sadistic streak. Explore that a little bit. You could have some real fun.

• Wtf is wrong with you. You're a sadist.

• You're sad he got robbed.

You're happy he's moving in with you.

You are allowed to feel differently about those two different things.

What Girls Said 14

• WTF? You're crazy. He could've gotten murdered and you're happy that a traumatizing thing happened to him so he could live with you. That's beyond selfish. I hope he finds your question and breaks up with you because what you just said is insane.

• It's not wrong that you're excited he's living with you, but it is messed up to not feel bad about how it happened. It sounds like he's really shaken up, and you're very focused on what you can gain from his traumatic experience. Are you sure you care about him as much as you care about getting things your way?

• Yeah, in a way. You are happy for selfish reasons. He had a traumatic (or very horrible) experience, and you're happy that the horrible event caused the circumstances to change in your favour. That's not a good attitude to have.

• I think this is trolling.

But if it's real, then you should have asked him to move in with you if you wanted him to be with you that badly.

• Why would you be happy about your boyfriend being robbed. I hope he is still alive. Look, did your boyfriend said or did something against you which is why you are pleased about this situation?

• You're probably not happy about it happening. You're probably just happy that you guys can live together, right?

• Honestly, yes, it's wrong. It's a traumatic experience. But, I'd be lying if I sometimes took pleasure in slightly sadistic things when it comes to my boyfriend. Be happy that he is living with you, but not why.

• i totally understand but i'd try to be more neutral about it.

• I don't think you're happy about what happened with him, but rather happy with the outcome that now he needs you.

• Idk? I had a horrible tragic event right outside my home but I still gotta live at the same place. Be happy I guess.

• You're not a bad person, just insanely selfish

• The problem here is that he isn't moving in with you after careful consideration and weighing the pros against the cons... He's just rushing to get away from a place that will give him nightmares for the rest of his life. So, while it might be a good idea to move away, it's a bad idea to take advantage of this situation when your boyfriend is at his most vulnerable and weakest. But good luck anyways

• I think you are just happy that he is living with you. However, if you like the fact that he has just been robbed, there is a problem.

• Yea you a psycho