Is it racist if I don't date white men? Or a preference?

Just wondering. If so, leave an explanation, just want to hear other's views.

Most Helpful Guy

• That is just a preference. If you said you didn't date white guys because they are alwyas full of themselves and have little dicks... Well that would be racist.

• Awww man now I feel like a racist.-.

• We are all fucked up in our own way.

• Yeah I can agree to that.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you just don't find yourself attracted to them, I guess you can't really help it and not racist. But if it's because I don't know, say you think all white guys are like school shooters, or any other prejudice like that, yes. It's racist.

So it depends why you don't date them.
    Personally, I've been attracted to men of all races, so I don't think I have a preference when it comes to race.

What Guys Said 27

• No that does in no way make's you a racist.. everyone is allowed to make their own choice as to who they date and why.. and it is no one's concern but the person that is choosing the date.. if someone calls you a racist for something so petty as that.. they should maybe give their head a big shake

• Definitely just preference. Similar to me, I don't date Asians and have only dated and have been in relationship with Caucasians

• Preference. You're attracted to what you're attracted too. You can't help that

• No it's not. If you did because they are white then it would be Racist. As for me I don't really care what race a woman is as long as she has a nice personality. I've dated women of many 'races' tho I don't like using the word 'Race' as it sounds like I'm dating someone thats not human lol.

• Racist is demeaning a person based on their race. Simply noting a race and choosing based on preference is your right. There are no discrimination laws in dating. If so we'd all be with people we didn't like.

• Hmmm okay.
      So if I don't demean them, but refuse to date them based on stereotypes, would that be bad? I'm a minority, does that mean I can't demean them therefore not racist?

• Well you had said it yourself, you hate white men, so yes, you are racist. Even though it's you right to not date men who are not part of your race.

• Ah okay then ^-^

• It's your preference.

• If you are white yourself it's not racism, but an self-hatred instead, which is far worse. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-hatred

• No I'm not white, I don't know why you would even mention that. Like the only people who don't like white people are other. white people.

• You clearly said that you hate white guys in one of your messages, to not date white guys is one thing, but to hate white guys is much worse, and yes, like I said, it's mainly your loss in the end, white guys are generally good looking, and in many cases relatively civilized as well, but you can stick to your gangsta friends instead. ;)

• Meh I could live with it, not a loss, more of a gain.

• I don't date white men either. We have that in common! 😜

• Its your preference. I am black and i don't date chicks who can't stand behind their questions

• Nothing wrong with it, just a preference.

• It's a preference, and it's normal, I wouldn't say that to guys though because that could hurt their feelings

• GASP !!! i take that in the highest offense my good lady ! : O

Nah Its fine you got your own tastes in what you like : )

• It's just a preference

• If you're white yourself, yes it is.

• I'm not white myself. Hmm so I am latina and I don't, it's not racist because I can't look down on white men right?

• Yes. It is only natural to not like white men.

• Ah okay :)

• What race our you? If your white you follow the motto... once you go black you never go back.

• it depends. do yo say racial slurs to white men? or are you really good friends with them but just dont like dating them?

• No I don't say slurs of any kind. I keep to myself.

• What's your ethnicity btw?

• Why? I'll tell you but no bullshit okay?
      I'm mixed race. Latina.

• I was wondering if you was Puerto Rican or Dominican?

• Eww back up.

• a preference.. No different then not wanting to date someone who has a disease or fat and skinny, on drugs non drinker smoker etc.

• It's racist if you don't date someone BECAUSE of their race.

• No. I don't date white women but that doesn't make me racist against my own race. I prefer latinas mainly, but I like Asians and black girls too.

• Wouldn't it depend on the reason?
      A lot of people are saying that so I think I might be racist.

• You are racist because you are a racist, who you do or dont date is irrelevant.

• Hmmmmm yeah I guess
      Wow that made sense, not the most detailed but got the point across.

• nothing wrong in that.

• No, that's not racist.

• You're getting all the hate from people on here because you don't date white men, but they would support you if you said that you only date white men.

• Depends entirely upon your reasons for that.

• No it's not you like what you like.
    Besides they is only one race the human race

• It's Racism if you don't date them because they're white and not if you don't find them attractive.

-I'm not dating Jim because he's white
    -I'm not dating Jim because I don't find him attractive.

What Girls Said 8

• When I think of "white people" I think of blond, blue-eyed, lily white to lobster red from two seconds in the sun people and that's just not attractive to me.

• I thiink its a preference!

• It's a preference. Life is all about preference. Someone you think is hot might not be someone I think is hot. Doesn't mean any of us is wrong. You go out with whatever kind of guy you like. Being happy is key in life. Without being happy life is pointless.

• I guess it would depend on your reasoning. I would say it's just a preference though :)

• Hmmm okay okay, I'm scared I'm turning racist. I'm really trying to. have a good reason for it but I feel so let down. I don't date white men because I'm afraid of them.

• What about them makes you afraid?

• I don't know? Depends on the guy talking to me? I just avoid them but depends on the guy. I mostly don't want problems so I shut that door.

• Depending on your reasons for it 😆

• Its a preference

• No just preference

• personal preference! Racism is far more severe than who you are attracted to.

• I think the reason I don't is racist :/