Would you consider dating outside your race?

I'm curious about people's point of view. I'm a young African American lady & I don't think race is a huge problem for me. But how do you guys feel?

Most Helpful Guy

• i would, have and am married to a person of another race

Most Helpful Girl

• My opinion may be slightly biased because I currently date a guy outside of my race. I am African American and he is nicaraguan (hispanic). we've been dating four years and its interesting dating someone outside my race. It is difficult to bond with his family because I do not know Spanish (im trying to learn now) and they prefer to speak Spanish. It is also a little uncomfortable the way his Spanish friends make fun of him for dating a black girl occasionally. But so far so good I'd say, I don't see race as an issue

What Guys Said 22

• Sure. Race doesn't really matter to me--although, I do have racial preferences. People tend to date inside their race, largely. It's just more comfortable and 'known'; while they'll date outside their race, they most often date inside their race: except with black people, according to some okcupid stats: black guys tend to go for Hispanic chicks more often than not. The same applies for someone who grew up around a specific culture that isn't the culture of their own race--they'll be more comfortable with the culture they grew up with.

My cousin's are half Mexican, so I've always had a Mexican uncle. He's kinda a douche, or was, at least, but that was natural to me when I was growing up.

But Hispanic chicks are hot. I've dated several, and an amazingly hot Puerto Rican. More like American-Hispanic, so there wasn't a culture gap. With people from different cultures, I think it's a more difficult thing. Each has to be interested in the other's culture, or one has to be willing to adopt the other's culture.

But, race isn't too big of a deal. I'm more attracted, generally, to some over others; but it's not always true.

• I'm not against it by any means. however, I am white and tend to be more physically attracted to other white females. That doesn't mean that I haven't been attracted to other races. In fact there are many young ladies of other races that I have found attractive. however, I am most often attracted to my own race. I don't know why and I don't believe it makes me a racist.
    Like I said, I don't judge people based on race. It's just purely a superficial thing.

• of course I would; why limit myself to one type when there are many beautiful women of all color/?

• I'm sorry but I'm only attracted to other white girls, the only girl of another ethnicity I liked was like 1-4 Mexican 3-4 white, so to me it's a huge deal.

I don't look at a girl and say 'oh she's black no' it's just I'm only attracted to white girls it's not conscious

• Sure. I have never had bad experiences dating ethnicities other than my own.

• Yes. In fact, I just went out on a date with a black woman and it was great. In fact, we plan to go bowling next week. I'm white, by the way.

• Yeah sure, if I happen to meet a wonderful lady and she so happens not to be Black it wouldn't stop me from dating her.

• never met any one outside the 'human race'

• I am doing that

• Yeah some I avoid ( Which probably isn't good though.. ) because I find their culture etc to be weird. I've found myself liking Mexicans or German girls before but awkwardly have never actually been to say an African or Chinese girl. No idea why they just don't catch my attention. Though I am friends with an Asian and do talk to a lot of African people.

• It's not about their race, but beliefs and cultural background could become a problem that'd be a bit more flushed out than personality deputes.

• Obviously 💁🏻

• Not a big deal to me

• I'll say it again, foreign women seem to be a magnet

• totally, more likely than to date in it actually

• I'm white I've tried it normally there parents aren't happy, but idc you like what you like.

• Yes, I've dated outside my race. I'm already a Mestizo so it doesn't matter to me.

• Sure, it will be interesting experience.

• No and there's was a study done in Harvard 90% of women that date outside their race gets abuse one way or form

• Where did you read that? I'd be interested to know about the whole study in details...

• Yeah, pretty much. I think I've entirely done that anyway!

• No because I'm white, I only date white people. The overwhelming majority of us don't like minorities

• Haha

• I was joking.

• You sure? I see plenty of white women loving black men so...

• ye but she has to be sexy n a light skin black girl like these bitches
    www3.pictures.zimbio.com/.../...s+VwtHXp0tjh0l.jpg

media1.popsugar-assets.com/.../...e-Over-Years.jpg

• Notice he calls the black women bitches. This is what they think of you black people, yet you want to kiss their ass for acceptance.

• @Nuqood Get of my nuts sonny chim.

• @BangBadBxtches They aren't quotes, but I'll quote you right now "Notice he calls the black women bitches. This is what they think of you black people", "but it crosses all color lines", which implies that he reserves the title 'bitches' for black women only. Cornball.

What Girls Said 15

• I am dating someone outside my race, and would in the future as well.
    I literally don't give a fuck about the race, we're all hunans.

• Yes. Why not? It still a form of racism to discriminate depending on race, even if you dress-up the excuse by saying "I just wanted to date someone from my race for... such and such reason".

• I don't care about race tbh... I'm an Arab woman and I've been attracted to all races. I do like my fellow Arab men, but I don't want to close the other options.

• "I'm an Arab woman and I've been attracted to all races." Really? Arabs are extremely racist, would your family not disown you if you dated outside?

• @StreetLevel I don't think they would , my father's brother is married to a white girl and my mother's aunt us married to a black man...
      Arabs do tend to marry within their race though, it's true. But Arabs marrying outside of their race exist and they don't get disowned by their families..

• Yeah I would!

• I don't have to consider yes I will/have.

• Of course but doubt mummi, papa will be too happy about it.

• I've been with guys of different races and it doesn't bother me. It comes down to your characteristics/morals. Otherwise I don't care.

• Sure.. If I wanted to 'date'

• Yea, why not? Dating the same race can get boring after a while

• Race doesn't matter to me at all.

• I honestly don't care about the race, I care what kind of a person you are.

• Yes, I would be open to date outside my race.

• I prefer dating out because there is more to learn about different perspectives on life. Never let the color of someone's skin prevent you from seeing what they really are as people.

• Hells yeah! I'm as white as you can get and I love Mexican guys😍 and other races of course

• Every black girl I've ever met says that. No I wouldn't date outside my race. Not acceptable to me. Nor to my family