Guys, I feel like no one gets me and it's killing me?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• That is actually a lot more common than people realize. There is a very real human need to connect to others, to feel that sense of connection and acceptance, to know that what you are doing, or what you are thinking, or what you are feeling, is ok and accepted.

If you do not have a peer group that thinks like you do, or that has the same interests as you do, it can feel very isolating, and it can cause a lot of psychological trauma.

This is part of the reason why people with higher intelligence, or higher creativity, are often more depressed. It becomes harder to find people that 'get' you, hard to find a peer group that understands where you are coming from, and that makes you feel like you are ok for thinking the way you think, or acting the way you act.

There will be someone, somewhere, that can relate to where you're coming from. Someone that will be able to see things from your point of view, to accept the decisions you've made, and possibly help you better understand yourself in the process. If you are feeling that isolated in your 'home' life, you may find someone more understanding online, through some kind of shared interest site or something.

There are ways to get through the issues you are dealing with. You are not alone (though you may feel that way), and there will be a solution. It just may take a while to present itself.

What Guys Said 15

• Life is a bitch. Wait out and you'll click with someone, eventually. I mean one can hope, since it seems to happen to almost everyone. But what do I know? :- /

For now just cheer up. : D

• People tend to have more focus on their own thoughts since they can't see others thoughts.

To have your points noticed more, try injecting them into conversation when and if it's appropriate. Or you can bring up your concerns to whoever you are close to.

I'm here to help in case my advice isn't usable, feel free to message me.

• Perhaps this will cheer you up:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=COlvj6gTmxA

• No one can understand you completely but when you find the guy who willing then you found the one, gl

• "I don't want people to understand me, because if they do they get tired of me" -Lil Wayne
    That is why u need to stay how u are because if u aren't unique in ur own way people won't care people love different without different we are all the same and that shit is just boring ur fine the way u are and if others dont think so fuck them they dont know shit

• What happened?

• I'd feel the same way probably

• We all feel that way sweetie...

• So, what can we do about it?

• Please enlighten, maybe I can throw in my 2cents

• Nobody gets me. But I ain't letting it kill me.

• Okay----------------

• why not to try date website or try foreigner?

• Hei it was same with me because I'm super skinny guy with super fast metabolism I finally found my girlfriend you'll too one day :)

• Yeah I honestly feel that way a lot too. Maybe I'm too quiet or loud or a spontaneous mixture of both. Either way I feel like people make a lot of assumptions but don't care about whether or not they're correct. Sometimes it makes it hard to get to know people. I probably need more skills in talking to people too though.