How long would it take a very shy guy to ask a girl out?

My crush likes me, but it's been four months and he still hasn't asked me out.

Most Helpful Guy

• It can be years to never. Being shy can also lead to severe anxiety and complete locking up to the point you cannot even talk to them without stuttering, going blank or hyperventilating. Since that is so embarrassing and hard to over come, some guys simply avoid the whole situation totally, and therefore never ask the girl out.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 25

• Having shy guy issues?

You must have shy guy questions.

Have some shy guy answers:

http://www.succeedsocially.com/shyguys

• It will take him as long as it takes for the girl to start dating another guy and then the shy guy will just give up. But then he'll learn a valuable lesson on taking risks and will ask out his next crush.

• Just wait. It surely wil happen.

i1027.photobucket.com/.../...er-lets-just-wait.jpg

• This is were you have to make the move

• I've liked my crush for about a year and I still wanna ask her out sometime.
    I've heard stories on the internet of people liking a girl for 8 years and ending up married.

• Well, ask him out. Make the first move... fuck what society thinks. You want him? Go get him.

• 0|1
    • This question is my life story. The only way to break a guy out of his nervous, stuttering, blank minded hyperventilating, negative assuming, shy self is to get close to him. Be his friend, give him a hug, if you like him and he seems nervous and seems like he likes you, it couldn't hurt to kiss his cheek either after you hug.

-I'm not saying you baby him, just trow him a bone so to speak.

• Maybe a long time, maybe never, possibly whenever.

There are no rules, and there is no reason why you can't start the conversation

• Are you sure he likes you?
    I'd like to state, he might be so shy that he will basically never make the first move, that's where you step in with the first move and invite him.

• You need to poke him with a stick (figuratively or literally)...freeemoticonsandsmileys.com:10080/.../...0poke.gif
    Shy guys need some coaxing if you really want to get together with him. You need to initiate conversation with him or wait next to never as someone else suggested.

• Forever usually

• It can be a very long time honestly. It is hard for us to be confident in those situations.

• Try encouraging him and if that does not work tease him about it until he does it. Have his friends tell him to ask you out.

• It can take years. No, I'm serious. Okay, I'm kidding. But it can take a while. You should just ask him out and be done with it. If you know he likes you, then go get him, tiger!

• He might never do it. It might be up to you! Good luck lol

• Why don't you ask him out then? Or are you not interested? Because then it is irrelevant.

• Oh ya this was me at a point because I had trouble asking my crush out. You need to first become closer to him like text him and talk because once I got comfortable around her I just went for it and asked her out and she said yes. So basically just try to get to know him better. If that doesn't work ask him out yourself

• JUST ask him out yourself, don't wait

• I was an extremely shy guy and I'm now single and over 50 and counting. Yes it can take that long.

• Whoa!! 4 months, that is ridiculous.
    Ask him to ask you, make a move

• years. you need to make the first move.

• I would never because it's a paralyzing fear

• I'm a shy guy and you have to give really strong hints or ask him out cause he won't do it

• i would take a while lol

• Omg, just ask him out yourself and then problem solved.

What Girls Said 7

• Not long if you help him out and ask him to take you on a date. You're not asking him out, but you're telling him you want him to take you on a date. So for me it wouldn't violate that unwritten rule of girls asking guys out!

• He might not ever make the first move. You might have to do it.

• He will never ask you out unless he is 100% ready. Why don't you try asking him? If you know he's interested. He could be waiting for you to make a move.

• If he's shy, then he may never ask you out.

Why don't you ask him out yourself?

• My boyfriend had a huge crush on me in grade 9 when we we're 15. Four years later he asked me out. Soooo maybe you should make the first move. Cause you never know how long it might take

• Give him a signal ;)

• He won't. build up the courage to ask him.