Girls, would you be comfortable if our first date was at my house?

Lets say we met on a dating website and you understand I'm a bit shy and not very comfortable going out, would it be weird if I invited you to my house for our first meeting instead of going out somewhere? What if I had a game room with pool and other games, a nice theatre room, and live on a big peice of land. Not talking about "netflix and chill" type of thing, but just hang out and get to know eachother comfortably.

This is after you have talked for awhile first.

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks like I'm the only girl atm, that this sounds appealing to😕

• You're also the only one so far around my age. I wonder if age makes a difference in being comfortable about this. I do understand why a girl wouldn't be comfortable just going to a guys house she doesn't know, but if you talked for a couple weeks or however long needed to make you both comfortable it seems fine to me.

• To me as well

What Girls Said 20

• LOL. I guess I would be comfortable. It doesn't matter how big your house is but as long as there's something planned.

• Oh my goodness no.

First dates must be on neutral territory.

• Definitely uncomfortable and I would never go for it, for all the girl knows, you could have ulterior motives and harm her. It just raises red flags.

• I would be really uncomfortable, especially if I had never met him in person before. That would be too scary for me. I think first dates need to be somewhere public or semi-public. Like a picnic or something, a swim by a river etc.. just somewhere that isn't so secluded and personal when I don't know someone.

• No way. I'd assume you had a human size freezer and a collection of machetes wedged in there too.

• Yes, it could be weird. I might be alright with it if I'd had a chance to get to know you for a while first, maybe had a lot of online conversations or even talked through Skype a couple of times or something. But otherwise, if I didn't know you very well, I'd be a reluctant to go to your house. It's like 'dating safety 101', I don't like to go to a guy's place until I trust him a bit, because it's under his control and there's a small chance I won't be safe there.

• Not at all. That's scary as fuck.

• Absolutely not

• No, we're basically taught not to do that. I wouldn't. Try for the second date. Maybe for the first go to the movie or something where you don't have to worry about socialization. But I wouldn't ask a girl to hang out with you at your place for the first date. Although It sounds really fun. And most girls would like that kind of thing its not first date appropriate. (: good luck

• There's an unwritten rule that first dates should take place in a public space, so no I wouldn't be comfortable.

• I don't think that was gonna happen if you were to date me.
    Not at all.

• Yea I wouldn't go to your house not the first date and especially if we met online. If you want to GO on a DAtE a first date you're going to have to take her out. If it's not too cold meet up at a park grab a hotdog feed the ducks that sort of thing.

• Yeah, I wouldn't. Just not safe.

• Not for a first date.

• Yes it would be weird

• Never!!! So awkward

• I'm sorry but I would never go on a date with a guy i met online at his house. Never in a million years. Way too risky! Why don't you go to a nice little tearoom or something? Is it really that bad? Dating is always scary, I know, but you just have to take the risk and do it.

• No. I would automatically assume you only want to have sex with me. It doesn't make you look good.

• Thats a deal breaker for me. If he invites me at his place in our first meeting, i'll turn him down and block. Well, thats just me maybe.

• While I get your intention, I would say no. The only time I would go to the guy's house for a first date is if I had already known him previously, like a friend. Otherwise, no. Thanks to a lot of evil in this world, we all have to be cautious now. For a first date, always meet in a public place. Do you like coffee? Maybe a book store/coffee shop type of place would be good.