Why is it so hard for women to accept when a man treats them badly?

I'm not saying women hold the monopoly on this but typically women are more inclined to ask why, while men just move on. For women it's as if we think it makes us less than because he DIDN'T want to treat you better. But most times he is treating you the only way he knows how and has treated, and will treat, every woman.

So what gives? Men and Women equally are encouraged to respond.

Most Helpful Guy

• We raise women in our culture to look to themselves first for why something in the relationship is broken. So they doubt themselves. It's not healthy or good but it is what it is.

• And men as well to blame the woman.

• OH! And thanks for the MHG!

• True. It's called gas lighting and both women and men are guilty of this. Once they get a month or so away from the cult they see things as they were most times.
      It's just hard to walk a friend through something like that when they don't.

What Guys Said 2

• I think it;s because it's like an addiction. Not so much that they are addicted to abuse but like a drug addiction where you keep telling yourself, well I'd never do that. Starting with pain pills for a legitimate resason, liking them enough to do more ad more to pursue them until you are buying heroin off the streets.

If you were to ask them if they would ever stay in a relationship where they wer psysically abused they would saym "never" but it starts with control, than verbal abuse and more control, than a slap which is pulled back and then profusely apologizeg for, until the physical abuse is just another small step, \

As for the pain pill metaphor, I lived that so I know from where I speak.

• Unfortunately, the answer could be: since it's much more common than the other way around. But we'd wish it didn't happen.
    My wife or girl will never have to face me treating her badly. That's not my style :D

What Girls Said 5

• I"m not sure, but I feel some women feel as if they won't find anyone that will treat them better, most men feel superior, and aren't as reliant on females. I suppose women are encouraged to find a man, get married etc. So it's kind of embarrassing if someone dumps them than to just deal with the shit. I'm not too sure, I know I was treated badly in one relationship which I left but at the time, I just wanted to be with him so badly and at the end I realized I wanted him or the image of us together but I wasn't happy.

• i dont think it is hard for women to recognize when she's being disrespected, based on herring a woman, so i can't tell you why it is.

i think some people are either going to be methodical , others act in haste. others just dont like moving on. it really depends on the situation and people and i dont think there's any such thing as women vs men. as far as psychological tendencies. you're always gong to ind examples in either sex.

• Because some women, feel like that's the type of man the deserve. Enough though that is completely wrong and everyone should be happy with their partners

• I agree completely you can't ask someone to give you something they don't have.

• They are raised as true submissive