Would you please help me?

Hello everyone. I recently found out that my mom has been trying to hook up and have sex with a guy via her phone for nearly 11 months. I've read the messages (she was even inviting that man home while nobody was at home) and I feel betrayed and gutted by the person I trusted the most. She sent him pics of her. My mind is completely blank. I have a brother and a sister. I'm the only one who knows about this in the family. I do not know what to do and I would highly appreciate it if you could give me a bit of your time and advise me please. Thank you in advance.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure that I understand why this is a problem?

Most of us don't want to think of our parents having sex. .. 😨... but obviously that's how we got here. She's a grown woman and has sexual desire like anyone else.

What's the big deal?

• Well the big deal is that she is cheating on my dad who has always thought of the well-being of the family.

• Follow me and I can messge you in a few min. I'd rather not air my family laundry in public

• Ok thank you.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi, I'm sorry that you're upset, but why do you feel betrayed? Is your mom still with your dad? If not then she's just seeking companionship and that's a normal thing to do. I need to know exactly in what way you think she's betraying you.

• Yes she is still with my dad. She always hides stuff and lies about where she is going.

• You're welcome to any advice I can give. You're an adult and you've been thrust into an adult problem. I congratulate you on handling it as well as you have, and for considering your siblings needs. The genetic concerns are secondary at this point. I only mention them because that's when these issues often come out, at the hospital.

The consensus seems to be, and I agree, that you need to dicuss this with your mother as calmly as you can. In order to do that, you need to have the upper hand in the conversation and keep it. The last thing you want is to get into a yelling match with her saying I wasn't cheating, I lent my phone or some similar silliness. Google interrogation techniques. You need to pretend you know everything, but you're not judging. Keep cool. Once she starts to admit it, then make it clear that you're not going to tell your father. Your only concern is what's going to happen to the family. From there on you'll have to play it by ear.

• Okay thank you

What Girls Said 3

• I don't see the problem. Unless your dad is still in the picture.

• There is a problem. She is a married woman and married to my dad. Could you give me some words of advice please?

• Okay. thank you for your time and advice.

• No problem. I hope it works out for you, whatever you decide to do.

• Do you expect your mother to stay single for the rest of her life? Do you even understand how lonely she probably is? Stop going through her phone and stop trying to run her life. You are her son. Not her daddy. You want your mom to be happy, right?

• She is not single. She is still married with my dad and we are a family of 5. I want her to be happy but not by doing this with strangers.

• Yes I know. He is her former colleague at work. She deleted the pictures but did not delete the text where it said there is too much clothes and to take it off.

• Tell her what you just told mW. The more detail the better.

• Unless she's still with your dad and trying to cheat, it's really none of your business.
    She's not trying to involve him in her family life and introduce him to her kids, she just wants what a lot of women want... Leave her be.

• She is still with my dad. I really do not understand why she is doing this. Could you please give me a reason from a woman perspective?

• It's ok. I'm sorry for your situation. I hope everything works out for you and your family. Good luck.

• Thanks once again

What Guys Said 1

• Is your mom single or married? If she is single, then you really have nothing to complain about. If she is married, that is a whole other story