What do you think about dating a slightly elder girl?

So I am 20 and she is 22, and I have a strong crush on her. She is also likely to like me, but I am not sure yet.
Anyway, do you think it is a good idea to date a slightly elder girl?
She double majors in English Literature and Mediebal Arts, which makes her, compared with girls at the same age, appear to be more classy and elegant and more like a "lady" not just a "college girl".
Is it a good choice for me?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's only two years. That's not a big gap. Go for it!

I'm 4 months older than my boyfriend lol.

• But she looks more mature than many girls at her age (such as dressing like a professional designer), while I am still totally a college guy. Does that affect?

• lol, slightly elder girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• I distinctly remember being about 5 years old or so and assuming my dad was older than my mom. When my mom told me she was older, I said "no you're not. Daddy's the man so he's older." I don't know where I got the idea that the man had to be older, but it has stuck with me. So I personally would never date a girl who's even a day older than me.

But that's me and it's not rational. The bigger issue for you is that you're not of legal drinking age so there might be a lifestyle difference that would be tough to overcome, at least until you turn 21.

And I *think* a lot of girls, maybe the classy ones too but maybe not, are naturally more attracted to guys who are at least a little older than them. So personally I'd be worried that some 24 or 25 year old guy would come along and steal her. But again, that may be completely irrational.

What Girls Said 2

• If u like her u like her!

• i dont see why it's a problem? 2 years is nothing, and if it was the other way around (if the guy was two years older) it wouldn't be weird so why would this be a problem.

• She looks more mature and sophisticated than most girls at her age?

• I still wouldn't be the slightest worried. Even better she got class and u got a mature young lady. Be proud of her.

What Guys Said 5

• That is nothing. I say go for it!

• I girl 22yrs old doing M. Pharma is showing interest in me, I can go for dating, but I got busy life already.
    I would date a girl +8yrs then me, or maybe even a cougar! (she she is sexy and worth it)

• I like mature ladies. I can't stand little miss princesses who whine and cling onto guys' arms every time they meet.

• Two years is nothing, doesn't make a big difference
    In my honest opinion age doesn't matter if two people are consenting adults

• Sounds perfectly fine.
    Most girls I have dated were older than me.

• But she looks much more mature and sophisticated than most girls at her age?

• So?
      If you guys like each other it's fine.