If you met someone online and were interested, would you meet in person?

If you met someone online, whether through a dating site or somewhere else, would you meet them in person? Assuming you've talked on the phone and Skype and meet in a public place.

If so, where would you meet? And how long would you wait between meeting online and meeting in person?

My situation is that I've met a guy on a dating site that I might want to meet in person, but I'm hesitant. Also, the logistics would be difficult at the least; he lives five hours away.

• Yes, I would meet them in person
  • No, I would never meet in real life

Most Helpful Guy

• I would if I were you but only if you feel like it's the right thing to do and I would meet in a coffee shop or something like that just to be safe

Most Helpful Girl

• I would meet in person, providing (as you said) it was in a public place like a coffee shop or something of the sort. I would probably wait one to two months before meeting them, just to ensure that I was truly interested. I like getting to know the person as much as possible before meeting them. This also makes it easier to hold conversation in the long run. Good luck!

What Guys Said 9

• Voted A. I have met a lot of people in person, whom I first came across online. But one of them were romantic interests. Some of them eventually turned out to be good friends of mine.

I'm somehow not comfortable with the idea of finding romance online. It usually backfires.

• if it all works out, sure why not.

• I would for sure consider it.. but only if she was a women for real and not just some gay guy that has an account using a woman's name.. many gays do that on the net as they figure no one will ever know.. but to do is is so very low, shallow, and just plain being a jerk.. but then again a lot of gay guys have no morals what so ever

• i would and did it multiple times. for dating purposes as for pure friendship. i actually met a person off here @TheDevilInside and we are pretty much best friends now :D

• I did that before actually. I met someone online and then we agreed to meet in NYC. It was pretty cool.

• Sure I would. Probably not someone 5 hours away. I like to at least stay in my state

• Of course. Why not!

• Gulfstreams with beds. It's what they're designed for.

• People are a lot different in person... Meet to find out if you like both sides... going to be a struggle to make anything work 5 hours away though

• I've been in long distance relationships before, and we're both tentatively open to trying to make that work. The question isn't so much about the distance anymore, it's whether we should meet/try this at all in the first place.

• Well do you like him? Does he like you?

• I think so. It's hard to tell right now. We haven't had a chance to Skype yet, but that's a definite prerequisite to meeting in person for me, so we'll see how that goes. I think I'd be a lot more willing to try this if he did live closer, just because that would make the initial meeting easier.

What Girls Said 3

• Definitely meet, the sooner the better after a few days to a week of contact. Holding off any longer gives the initial spark a chance to cool.

Drive separate and meet publicly. In this case, chose a place that is halfway between you guys to be fair.

• i met someone like that as a friend online and after 8 months we met for real and he his now my boyfriend for 6 months, who lives 10 hours away, you never know what might happen ;) I dont regret it, just make sure its safe, first time i met him was with my mom lol

• WTF is it with these questions! LEAVE ME ALONE! hahah