Do the likes on a dating app really represent your attractiveness?

Especially as a guy?

The girls all have around 70 or 100 likes, but they guys usually only like 5 or 20 or so

0|0
6|11

Most Helpful Girl

• No people are more picky online than in real life and that's because the internet provides a wide selection of options for different tastes.

0|1
    0|0
    • then if you have many likes online you are pretty attractive

• True but if you don't that doesn't mean your ugly you could just be very average.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dating sites/apps have more guys in general and are more likely to look around on those sites - so women will naturally have a lot more.

When I 'boost' my profile on dating sites, my likes go way up, but then afterwards ill go days without one. Girls don't often initiate messages I find as they already have a lot initiated by guys. I've also messaged girls who have 'liked' me but do not reply.

I don't think likes mean anything - they might be on the fence and just click 'like', or might press it by accident.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Of course not. Most of the sites and applications are full of fake profiles with stock photos all over the Web and the rating applications on many sites are also fixed to some degree. Likes can be fixed also.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope i don't think so.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a pretty normal thing since many girls don't go around liking guys pics, some of us just stalk quietly XD

It doesn't mean shit dude, social media is crap, don't let the likes affect you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dating site is unreliable
    Too much false informations.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wonder this too.. I have over 500 likes, but I think less than 15 has messaged me..

0|0
    0|0
    • Exactly my case ! I have more than 200 likes (as a guy!) but only about 5 message me !

What Guys Said 10

• Eh, I feel like they are exxagerated based on your selfie skill level.

I am pretty okay at taking selfies and I get a fair amount of likes, but I don't think I am really that attractive in real life, just good angles is all it is.

Also, there are bound to be either more guys on the site or more guys liking photos than girls do, which accounts for the like difference

0|0
    0|0
  • Just compare girls to girls and guys to guys. Guys seem to enjoy looking at pictures of girls more than girls enjoy looking at pictures of guys. So girls get more likes.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are usually more guys than girls on dating sites, so naturally the girls get more likes, simply because there are more guys who can potentially like them than there are girls who could potentially like guys.
    In my personal, subjective experience, most girls are also a lot more picky than guys, so that might tip the balance even further.
    You should be more worried about the likes and messages you get being from fake profiles, this is what happens to me a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it represents H/Q+P

H = Horniness
    Q = Quality of Thought
    P = Length of time penis has been in hand.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women are more shallow in general. Also men tend to be more supportive. You can see it on this very sight. Guys are always trying to make people feel better. Look at posts about looks. Mostly guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls are so picky they. Are on those sites for years. That's why they have so manyikes. They won't ever find what they are looking for. Think they are to good for any guy. Guys are not as picky. Just don't want fat girls

0|0
    0|0
    • So when you get 30 likes in 1 week as a guy the guy must be very attractive..

• Dude you would be classified as a total GOD ! 👍👍
      Now get out there and tear that shit up!

• tinder does, because they swipe u right or left on the first impression

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope
    On my spare time i make fake accounts to get free likes

0|0
    0|0
  • I have over 200 likes :D does that mean I am super hot?

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. Girls will always have more likes since there are more guys who have lower standards. Most girls will only like the hottest of the hot.

0|0
    0|0
    • so if a guy gets like 30 likes in just 7 days, he must be the top kind of.

• I have no idea what guys normally get on those websites but I would assume that's on the better end