Lied about my background to this girl, is this a big deal?

So I met this girl two months ago, now when we met I didn't think it was gonna turn into anything serious, I'm Spanish from Argentina. Now I noticed that this girl said that she liked Colombians so I said I was half Colombian too. We've been getting pretty serious lately and if she meets my family I'm gonna Harv to eventually tell her I'm not, if I do would this be a major red flag? How do I handle this?

• Big deal
  • Not a big deal

Most Helpful Girl

• That's such a basic thing to know about someone and I'd have a hard time trusting him afterwards. Like if he lies about something so simple and pointless as his nationality (as in there's no point in lying about something like that), what else has he lied about? To me it would be a big deal, it's never good to start a relationship based on lies.
    You should just tell her the truth and let her decide if she wants to keep seeing you.

Most Helpful Guy

• You seriously messed up it all depends on how she takes it

What Girls Said 8

• You lied, therefore you don't respect her, or your relationship with her, enough to be honest. There is already deception in your relationship and so it's not an authentic one, and she isn't really trusting you, because you aren't being truthful. If you progress with the lie, your relationship won't be a decent one.

• You don't build a relationship on lies. Always be honest. Just because she likes Colombians doesn't mean she doesn't like anything else.

• yeah i hate liars!

• I would let it go. Like the peacock, men like to puff themselves up a bit in front of the woman they like. They will tell her that they are taller, stronger, smarter etc, than they really are. It is human nature. and it forgivable!

• Its a pretty big deal. You lied to her, she would prbbly never trust you again after it.

• It might be a big deal to her.

• Not a big deal but DO tell her. Nobody likes being lied to.

• Tell her you thought you're family had some columbian in it but you were wrong. Say you thought it was your great granny or someone old. Win win.

What Guys Said 1

• It will come out either way. Do yourself and her a favour and say it yourself instead of her finding it out the hard way.