Am I wrong for wanting a SO who only wants me?

Like she only looks at me, I'd be the only guy she'd call hot, cute, handsome, etc. She'd only call me nice names like that and I'd be the only guy she checks out. Is that wrong for me to want?

Most Helpful Girl

• I want the exact same thing in a guy but people always tell me that I will never find anyone like that :/ I don't see why though, when I'm with a guy that I'm in love with I think of him and only him.

• That's literally just like me! I can't find a girl like that :(

• I pmed you :)

• I did and that's okay :)

Most Helpful Guy

• No, its not wrong. I think its reasonable, even. I want the same thing. Its fine to acknowledge that other people outside of your relationship are attractive, but it shouldn't develop any further than that. You don't look, you don't stare, you don't comment. You keep it to your damn self and everybody's happy. I mean come on, its not that fucking hard.

What Girls Said 8

• Honestly, it's beautiful in thought but almost impossible.

We do not become aromantic and sexual when we get with someone else. They can only want to be with you, but most people will not stop seeing others as attractive, it's nearly impossible. You also have to consider that, realistically, she has called other men such things and if you broke up she'd call other men those things. That's life.

Mind you, you can find a super devoted, monogamous person who will happily be with you, which is a beautiful thing.

• Nope, it's reasonable. But some people may not agree, and that's not the kind of person you should date.

• No, it's not wrong to want that. It might be hard to come by though. When I'm fully invested in a guy, I'm fully invested but that's just my personality.

• I'm like that too. But I haven't found a girl like that yet.

• Hopefully you will one day :)

• I got my fingers crossed :)

• No it's not wrong of you to want it.
    You have to find someone with the same manner of thinking.
    I expect that out of my partner. And he expects that of me.

• I don't think that's wrong. I want the same when it comes to having a boyfriend.

It's unrealistic in a way because we aren't the only female and male on the entire earth. But for him to see me that way, would be humbling

• That's how I've been with all my girlfriends. When I love someone I can't even see attractiveness in girls. But every girl I've been with has been the opposite of that :/

• Don't be, it's ok 🙃

• Okay :*

• Most of your points are solid, but I don't understand the nickname one. I mean you're not wrong in wanting the rest, but I don't see why she couldn't give her friends nicknames.

• Not nicknames. But like saying some guy is hot or cute in front of me

• Oh. Then absolutely agree. I'd want the same thing in a dude. I think it's disrespectful to look or catcall when you're dating someone.

• Why in the world would that be wrong? Most women would absolutely love to meet a man that said this to her. In my opinion, you sound like a pretty intelligent and great guy. Good for you, for having this viewpoint! :D

• Thanks? I guess part of me feels like it's not very manly to think that way or be a romantic like I am... A lot of girls seem to like the bad boy jerk kinda guy nowadays :(

• Me too. Good luck! :)

• Thanks, you too!

• Im like that with my boyfriend. Im so in love with him I only find him attractive and I don't care about anyone else. But my boyfriend (ex) doesn't believe me when I say that. He thinks its impossible for someone to be like that so he broke up with me he told me he's had enough of my bullshit. I still think of him every day though and he's the only one in the world for me so no matter what Im GOING to get him back.

What Guys Said 3

• It's not wrong but it's incredibly unrealistic. It isn't like we stop noticing attractive people when we are in a relationship. You can still recognize the fact that other people are attractive or have appealing personality traits while still being loyal and dedicated to your partner. Nobody is perfect for anybody else. Life isn't that convenient.

• My problem is when they rub it in my face some guy is hot or find the need to tell me how pretty his eyes are or some shit :/

• Well let her know you think she's being rude then.

• Everyone wants that

• You'd be surprised...

• That's only possible for certain people. It all boils down to luck. In the end, I never met anyone like that. I'm tired of giving my 100% for everyone and everything while every other guy around me does absolutely nothing, has an SO and gets laid 24/7. I've met countless guys that do nothing, their SO loves them. I hate my path. I'm tired of getting fucked over by everyone. Whenever I give my 100%, I end up with nothing. What kind of terrible fate is this? Every other guy gets laid with their SO with no effort. Even if I'm truthful it doesn't matter. Even if I can give someone happiness, it doesn't matter. I can't trust anyone ever again. I'm done.