Someone recently moved in to my building that I am attracted to. What is the best way to approach her?

We have already talked and exchanged numbers, but it was brief, superficial and inconclusive. I don't want to be the Stalker Neighbor, but I also want to test for interest. We rarely run into one another. What should I do and at what point should I back off?

Most Helpful Girl

• You said she lives in your building, so go to her apartment in person and ask her if she'd like to accompany you to a date. Or, if she just moved, maybe offer to show her around. Speaking personally, I like a guy who's not afraid to speak his mind, but also isn't too blunt. Don't show up and say "I'm attracted to you, let's test the waters" but don't text her either. It should be personal and to-the-point, but not overly enthusiastic (seriously, guys, we know it when you're trying to get something by overly complementing us) or too blunt. Now, if she agrees, great. But if she doesn't, respectfully back off. You can offer to take her around and show her the place, as just friends, but that's about it. If she's not interested, I'm afraid there's nothing you can do

Most Helpful Guy

• I think if you have her number, a polite invitation to coffee or something is very acceptable ;)

If she says "no", that's a good time to back off. If she deflects it somehow, you could get away with suggesting another time/activity, or letting her know she can get back to you if she's interested, and then drop it.

Good luck! :)

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Since you already have her number, start off by texting her. Based on how enthusiastic she is in her replies, you can start calling her, and take it from there.

• It may sound strange but it may indeed work... like if You see her checking her mailbox (if the apartment has a section) time it where you're out there checking your mail when she comes out. Just try to note the times when you see after maybe a week or so, so you can establish a routine, then go out there a few mins before and wait, she will be there then thats the key moment to intiate contact. Or you could always knock on her door and ask if you can borrow a cup of sugar or a plunger or something