Gahh! Is it normal for a boyfriend to not text you everyday? Can it still work and be a good relationship?

I (21) am very used to the guys I've have been dating to text me everyday all day with a few short breaks inbetween. they have always been in my business asking me what im up to and seeming into me.. though those relationships never worked out. With the new guy im dating (he's 25 and we gave been together for a month) it is diffrent... we sometimes go a whole day without texting and it kind of bothers me but I try not be annoying and I deal with it... sometimes I will text him and it will take him many hours to text back.. He is at work but still. He always says he doesn't want to scare me away all the time and he doesn't have a lot of experience in dating... He had one ex girlfriend for 3 years and a fling after that and thats it. He never asked a girl out. his last ex girls asked him out and they always initiated the first kiss.. Tbh he is sort of awkward and nerdy but. He said he was a very awkward and weird kid when he was young and that girls never showed him interest (except for his two gf) I can still see the awkwardness in him. But it's cute and he's different from my exs.. He said he would rather be with me in person. when he does text sometimes it will be a hey beautiful how was ur day, or a plain hey what up or something not as exciting. I am really not used to this at all and have been assuming he's not into me. Maybe I'm to quick to break it off with him?

Most Helpful Guy

• HI, though you seem to have send that he rarely or late text back to you, do you know his hobbies? like except for work what he does after? Maybe you can make some interesting conversations like what he likes doing or what he likes talking about. most relationships you have to make an effort and hope the the opposite will also make the same approach. So my opinion is to find what you both have in common and have a conversation on that! However if you feel that he isn't making much of an effort the other possibilities would be work related, he isn't ready for a new relationship or something else.

Make sure you give some thoughts before you text to him though. Good Luck!

Most Helpful Girl

• That's just how some people are! My boyfriend of 5 months sometimes doesn't text me but I will still text him "good morning babe" or something like that no matter what we always say good morning. We carry on a conversation but neither of us rush to text back but not because we don't want to we are just busy and we see eachother 5 nights a week so our relationship isn't dependent on it. As long as you guys see eachother often you don't need to keep in constant contact. And remember never compare past and present relationships everyone is different. Also you can say something like I love when I see a text from you in the morning when he does it next time.

What Guys Said 2

• My ex and I were together for 2 years, and didn't text every day. Our relationship fell apart in less than a week by the way, it was healthy until the bitter end.

• Yes, it can still work. You might want to throw in an actual convo between texts.

What Girls Said 0