Is it close minded of me to not want to date a transexual person?

My guy friend, Who is transexual, told me that he didn't have balls. .. I dont know if I could date someone with no balls

Most Helpful Guy

• No it's not. I only date women, am I closed minded?

Besides, a transgendered individual is only shaped to better resemble the sex they believe themselves to be. A biological female, with something that resembles a dick (constructed via metoidioplasty or phalloplasty, possibly), possibly a mastectomy performed, vaginectomy, hysterectomy and/or oophorectomy. If they have balls, their prosthetic. As well as hormone supplementation. Doing that won't make them male, only somewhat closer looking like a male.

So just because your a straight female, does not mean you're going to be attracted to someone who is trying to transition from their natural sex (female) to an unnatural one (trans-man).

So if you don't date them, it's because you're not attracted to them physically not for who they are. People don't change their sexual orientation to be more "open minded". You can't be made to be attracted to something you're not naturally attracted to.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why are testes a necessary trait for you to date someone?

• Its more about having all the stuff that a guy is "supose " to have. . Im not saying I would never date one, but I have only met one that I know is transexual, and he isn't attractive at all... so I only have him as a picture in how transexual are I guess. .. its deff my problem and not theirs

• I don't understand why you would consider it a prejudice and not a preference. in my opinion it's a preference, plain and simple. I don't think that someone has to date a transsexual person to prove that they're open minded. I also don't think that not dating certain races/ethnicities is internalized racism. I'm Latina and if a man were to say to me, "I'm not attracted to Latina woman, I'm only attracted to Caucasian women", I would t say that's racism. I would consider that a preference. Ultimately, you can't choose who you are attracted to or not. Same with not wanting to date a transsexual. I support them wholeheartedly but would never date a transsexual because my preference dictates that I'm attracted to a biological male.

• @Alwaysthere85 because it is. Firstly, transsexual is the oldest and most offensive term that you can use, linking transgenderism to sexual deviance.

Secondly, why are you reducing people to their genitalia? Is personality, character or substance not important to you? It's just "got a dick, got balls, ooh baby"?

What Guys Said 30

• I'm'pretty sure I wouldn't want to date a person who doesn't function as a real live physically female adult human. I'm heterosexual, therefore I'm interested only in females. If you're transsexual and you had your balls chopped off and your penis inverted; that's still not really a vagina, you don't have a womb, and you don't have ovaries. Not interested.

• If I were female, I'd want my partner to have a functional penis and functional testicles.

• @cipher42 no, they have SRY gene and XY chromosomes, it just activates later. And they do develop testicles and penis and it functions properly.

Intersex people are muddy. I just don't qualify them as either because they don't qualify as either. You can determine what they would have had to be based on their chromosomes and genes, though.

• You can classify them by one standard, but that one standard isn't necessarily the only or right way. Did you read the article? Chromosomal anomalies do occur, as does chimaerism, so again, it's not as clear cut as people seem to think. Things can occur such as people with XX chromosomes carrying fragments of the Y chromosome, thus giving them a gene which causes them to develop male genitals.

• No. I accept trans people for who they are. Definitely wouldn't date a trans person. It's just standards.

• I personally think its your opinion, since 1 thing you have to think of in the future if you are to have children with him is you need a sperm donation (i think its called that).

Do not feel bad because some/most girl would feel exactly the same as you do.

• No, it isn't. Reality is most people don't find transgenders attractive.

• No it doesn't make you close minded. It means you have preferences. Don't let the PC crowd shame you on this bullshit they spew.

• Calling it close-minded feels to damning to me. It might make you a little less open minded than those who wouldn't have a problem with it, but that's about it.

For what it's worth, I fully respect transgender people and their rights, but I don't believe I could date one.

• Is it closed mind to not date a transexual. Jesus. Are you serious? Of course it isn't. Accepting somebody and sleeping with them are totally different things. Don't listen to all this pc crap in the world. The people who put it out there don't practise what they preach. They're all hypocrites who are trying to infect youngsters minds with shit. You date who you want or what you want because you want to not because some idiot on a site like this guilt tripped you into it. The world's full of oddballs these days. Unfortunately they've all got a voice now because of the net. Years ago they'd get ignored or chased away if they tried to push their crazy ideas on others.

• No, not at all.

Oh, by the way, sorry to break it down to you, but your friend is, in fact, a girl not a guy.

• He is a guy in my mind. End of story

• Not at all. I support transexual people. i feel for the, life must be so hard for them. i get that. However who we are attracted to isn't an action of our brain. We don;t choose. it is chemical. If you are straight the odds of you being attracted to a trans person is slim.

• I date women only. How is it closed minded to not date someone who isn't a woman?

• Ya , it's close-minded. We all are close-minded at some level.
    Technically speaking , a necrophiliac is more open-minded person than us because he doesn't show prejudice among living or dead.. But in that context, I am happy to be close-minded for my own good.

• It is but at the same time how you feel about it and whether you're open minded isn't anyone else's business

I personally wouldn't date one either. Just because they identify as the opposite sex doesn't make them that sex they where still born the way they are and I just wouldn't be able to get past

• It is not a closed mind it is just a personal preference.

• So you are going to date an transexual just to prove how open minded you are? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf_3ZTp4eG4

• absolutely not!

dont let idiots here convince you it is.

i find lgbt all strange and ill never get use to them ever.

• no it doesn't make you closed minded

• So much for personality.

• If I meet the right guy with an amazing personality and he was transexual I probarly would date him.

• Well... that is probably a good thing.

• no it´s absolutely not. you don´t like it; you don´t date it.

• No, it's not.

• It's your choice and that is all there is to it.

• No, I wouldn't.

• So is your guy friend FTM? Or is was he born with a penis but no testicles?

• No it's called common sense.

• Well, you don't really "hate" transexuals or find them "gross" now do you?

• No.. I wouldn't be friends with one if I did

• Then you're not close minded. You're just not attracted to transgenders.

• Fuuuuuck no

• Lmao. It's not a dude. It's a chic with no boobs. So now you know what it really is. Ask yourself again.
    Chics with dicks are only dudes with turs when you think about it. Trans dating either way is just sick!

• On the plus side, he can have a penis that comes in cool colors, and different sizes? (assuming it's silicone, and not surgical)

As long as you don't want biological kids, it's doable. Sex will even be less messy...

• no you ar just a healthy female human. geez fucking political correctness today... .

• No it is just a preference. Fuck that guy, don't let him guilt you into anything.

• Of course not...

What Girls Said 9

• Identifying as a guy doesn't mean actually being a guy, despite what some people say. I agree with @mesonfielde here.

• Nope u got standards...

• I couldn't do it purely because I just don't understand it. While sexual orientation is completely understandable, I don't see how someone can FEEL like they should have different physical characteristics. Why don't they just remain their own gender and like the things they like even if they're stereotypical of another gender. It's just not natural.

• If the person doesn't have the body parts that you're attracted to then no, it isn't closed minded. It's closed minded to dis other people for reasons like that, or say no one should ever date a transsexual because it's "gross" or "weird" etc.

• You're not close minded. I wouldn't date a transexual either.

• It's not closed minded. I wouldn't date a transgender either. I don't support all that stuff so it's a definite no

• I don't think that's being closed-minded, just not you're thing.

• No, it's not close-minded of you.

• No not me either. I guess I'm old fashioned too balls aren't pretty but isn't that a criteria for maleness?

• No. Not in my opinion