I don't know if I'm ready to date?

I'm about fifteen and a half. I've never dated before, because it never really interested me much, I knew I wasn't ready, and there wasn't anyone I was interested in as more than a short-term crush and nothing more.

Now, I've developed feelings for someone a couple years older than me. I don't know him all that well--we've talked some times before, as we were in the same club, but mostly I don't much about him outside of observation and through other people.

I've been thinking about asking him out, but at the same time, I don't know if I'm ready to date or get in a relationship if it goes well. On one hand, my second-guessing my readiness might be a sign that I'm really not ready. On the other, it might show maturity that I'm mauling over whether or not I'm ready and not leaping in head-first assuming that I am. I can't tell if my hesitance is because I'm not ready or just me being nervous because I've never dated before, despite knowing that he hasn't either.

What should I make of my hesitance? Is asking him out a bad idea?

• The fact that you're second-guessing your readiness shows that you are not ready.
  • Thinking over your own readiness before potentially starting anything shows maturity.
  • Your second-guessing has no real reflection on whether or not you are ready.
  • Other/Results

What Guys Said 1

• Everything is experience when your young, at the age of 15 think about this shows that you just need someone to tell you that you are ready but just need to be careful out there as well as asking a guy out in you club that you don't really know that much might say that you may want to know him better as a friend first before asking him out, unless he also has a thing for you.

Just remember everything is an experience just don't over think things and everything should be fine.

What Girls Said 1

• I would say that you're nervous. If you ask him out on a single date, there's no commitment to continue. You could always see how you feel on that one date and then decide from there.

I think that taking dating as a serious step is a wise choice. I'm glad you've waited to find someone who is really of interest to you.