What are college guys looking for in relationships?

I met this guy in a party, and we went on 4 dates (mostly chilling at his place) since then. (mostly once a week since we go to different schools) We talked a lot about our views toward relationships, and I know that he just broke up with his girlfriend like about 3 months ago, so isn't down for a serious one. I was a bit concerned with just being a "fucking buddy" to him, so we sorta had a talk and I made it clear that I wouldn't want to have sex with him til I could trust him more, and he was ok with that, and still wanna hangout with me.
But I just don't really understand what he meant by saying he's still "figuring things out". Does he like me or is he just playing the field? (Though he said he likes me and felt that I'm interesting, I'm not sure what kinda like he really meant) Also, tho he has been pretty respectful, he's often suggestive. Is it a normal thing to talk about sexual stuff with a girl, or does it means that this is a red flag of him actually being really sexual?
Last but not least, is it possible for us to have a long relationship, and what might be the things he is looking for?
I don't know if I should continue going out with this guy, cuz I don't wanna be hurt badly if it turns out that he didn't like me at all, but just wanna flirt and hook up with girls.

Most Helpful Guy

• Reliable access to sex. That's it.

Low-value guys may want something more permanent. But they are low-power, so why would anyone want them?

Most Helpful Girl

• college guys are unsure of what they want most of them! We are too young to know what we like and dislike just yet... we haven't tired the whole world!

What Guys Said 2

• I think he needs to be more specific since figuring things out could mean anything, such as he's figuring things out between you and him or he's figuring things out if this is a good relationship or something else, since there enough information as well as your phrase I'm not sure what kinda like he really meant leads that you have doubts on him. i would give it a stead relationship approach to see how things go no sexual things until you feel you can trust him again

• he said that he's at this point trying to figure out what kinda girl he really likes. But do you think I should ask him out for the next date, or should I wait for him to text me?

• If you really like him you should give him the support he needs and ask him out but try get him to ask you out next time. If you are unsure give it a few days and see what he does, you can give him some push but not too much. well as it is college not all college guys are unsure of what they want.

• Mostly only sex

What Girls Said 1

• He does seem interested. Either he is taking it slowly, which is fine, or he will not decide to be in a relationship. He is literally just trying to figure out what he wants.