What would you call it when you know by societies standards someone isn't attractive but you think they are?

I think I might be starting to like someone. When I look at her I see the type of person and personality she has. That's what I'm attracted to. I know by societies standards she's not very attractive but I think she is. I also feel that family and friends might say I should find someone better looking which I find ridiculous. I see that she is not that physically attractive but I have a crush because of how she acts and her personality. What does this mean?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would call it normal! You're not shallow and solely liking her for her looks, you see that she has a lot of other positives.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is comming up a lot on this site lately. It doesn't matter what others think. If you think she's beautiful that's all that matters

What Girls Said 1

• Family shudnt hav a problem unless she mite be of a diff race

• I'm just Worried about family thinking "wow, really her?" Like I'm too good for her or something.

• If u like her so much you shouldn't worry what family think. They will ofcourse have their opinions but that shudnt matter to you.

What Guys Said 2

• As long as you like her then its fine doesn't matter what the other people things. Hey some people like really skinny, muscular, tall, small people some don't. Some go for personality over looks some go for opposite. Some go for both

• I'd say all the feelings u have for her hav eliminated the physical flaws u see. HVe u spoken to hr?

• Not really that much its more of a crush Tbh. I like the way she carries herself and opinion on things when she talks. She's a friend of my roommate and new to our group. I'm just deciding whether I want to try to get to know her better or not.

• I wouldn't call it anything. If I'm attracted to her then screw it, I'm attracted. Not about to give that up only because sheeple tell me she's not attractive. Screw them.

• It's just confusing because I can tell she isn't attractive but I'm attracted to her 😅