Guys, He rejected me because I was obese once. Guys would you care?

I'm a virgin and i finally met someone I really trust and who likes me a lot.
I've been single for my whole life because i was an unattrative introvert and more backgroun type of a girl so people barely noticed me. I was 175 pounds and now 95 pounds. Yes i have a small frame so i was pretty obese especially compare to my height (5'1).

He told me how attractive i am and we really enjoyed each others company. Last weekend, i felt comfortable enough to tell him about me and my weight issue in the past.

So I told him. And he just vanished. No text, no phone calls... I was worried about him so i texted him and he replied me that his mom is obese and his sister is. And he doesn't want to end up like his father who is with the laziest wife and daughter. His mom once lost weight and gained all back when she was around 45.

I understand what it is like to be in a family with obese. And i'm glad that he was actually honest with me and didn't take advantage of me.

But still I feel terrible and i think i lost my confidence again. How can i recover from it, thank you for reading a long question:(

1

What Guys Said 1

• Hey, not every guy is going to be the right guy. Be glad you found out early on that this is how he is, not after investing a bunch of energy and time into a relationship only to have it collapse over something so silly.

It sounds like you've overcome a huge (not meant as a pun, I swear) challenge and I see that as a very admirable quality, you must be quite strong willed and strong enough to get stuff done when you set your mind to it. I like big girls (heavy, not so much tall...) so I may have found you physically attractive even at your old weight, and 5'1" and 95 lbs sounds attractive too! But to know that you're a woman who has that sort of tenacious ability to accomplish major goals like that too? Damn, that sounds like a home run!

Keep your head up and move on, there are a bunch of guys out there who will love you and find you attractive no matter what your history as far as weight was. And lots of them will see it as a sign of strength, too, which is a good thing.

• Thank you so much :( you really made me feel better