How can a guy with depression and anxiety start dating?

This seems to be mostly a female problem but when a male has it women definitely do not understand.
This makes dating next to impossible. Girls don't reject me I reject myself and women feel that I am not interested. I want to be with them but act like I don't.

I know that women are not monsters, that is why I want a relationship with them. My feelings of anxiety and panic which lead to depression are totally irrational. I do see a psychiatrist for many years and I take 2 different antidepressants and an anti anxiety pill. The type of anxiety that I have is social and dating increases it tremendously. The very thing that I need and want is the same that I fear and avoid. This extreme stress while on a date makes me want the date to end.
After the date, I feel both relief and extreme sadness that I am hopeless and helpless in relating to women. My confidence and self esteem is well below normal. When I was young I used to run away from women who I liked and liked me. As I got older I would panic and freeze like a deer in the headlights. I lost my virginity at 38 then I married her, and we had a son. She left 10 years later. Have not had sex for 15 years. She was my first and last.

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you looked into speaking with a doctor?

There are prescriptions for depression and anxiety. If you can identify the main sources of the anxiety, it's a giant first step in working towards a solution.

I too suffer from mild anxiety at times, sometimes you have to take a step back, ask yourself if what you're stressing out over is actually worth it, and then realize that taking a deep breath and relaxing is the best thing to do.

Women are not monsters, they're amazing, sexual creatures... make them laugh, and you're in.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Dating should be a step towards reducing anxiety not increasing it.

• Stop knocking yourself down and list all the good things in your head. Your unique, your perfect, no-one in this world is like you, you've got things to offer nobody else has. Your job is to make that stick. If you don't believe in yourself no one else ever will. One day you'll wake up with a smile on your face and you'll go and grab the woman youbwant

• deal with your hard before.

• stalk girls online n make them fall in love with u