How to cancel plans without being rude?

Honestly, I'm a raging ball of anxiety and irrational fears. I'm a girl with no confidence. Lately a lot of guys have become interested in me and it's causing my anxiety to come back and hit me like a train. A few days ago on of my friends confessed that he had a crush on me, and ever since then our relationship has been a bit awkward. He asked me out on a date, I guess you could call it a date. We were supposed to go to a park after school. The day before today my grandmom asked me to come to her house immediately after school to help her with something. I instantly forgot all about him and I didn't wait for him when the bell rang for dismissal at school. I immediately left. When I had a missed call and a few confused texts from him. I purposely blow him off, but I was relieved that I didn't go on that awkward date. I feel kind of awful for forgettig because he'a a really sweet guy, and I really didn't mean for this to happen. So ever since last Wednesday there was a guy who asked me to come with him after school to hang out with him. I have a hard time saying no to people so I said yes. The thing is, I'm super nervous and he lives further away from my house than I thought and I didn't tell my mom. I'm not really open with my mom about stuff because she usually ridicules me or lectures me. So I can't just go with him and come home late, or I'll get in trouble, I'm terrified to ask my mom, and I don't want to just disappear again like I did today. Honestly, I don't know why guys keep asking me out cause I literally panic every time I talk to a guy. How do I get out of this situation witnout anyone's feelings getting hurt, and I don't have to feel bad?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why don't try to explain your real reasons, like you did here?

What Guys Said 2

• The answer here is straight forward actually. All you need to do is let those boys know that you're not allowed to date anyone. That should settle it.

• just say you're not looking for a relationship right now, but you really appreciate their offers.

What Girls Said 0