So, I'm going to boot camp in less than a year for the marines. Do girls actually throw themselves at you or is that more of a rumor?

I leave in August of 2016 for bootcamp do most girls truly Throw themselves at marines

• marines are hot
  • Not hot
Also. Do you care about what job? Is it more attractive for one job or another?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I've never thrown myself at men, but people in the military can be attractive. I dated a marine a year ago, I found him very attractive.

• Ok thanks! I didn't mean it like that lol

• I totally get that.. Same here

• Awesome!

To answer your update, a job or career doesn't make me more or less attracted to the man. What he does while in that job can, as in: is he happy or pessimistic? If he's happy and enjoys what he's doing, has pride in his work than that is attractive to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some do, but other things matter such as physical shape, looks and personality. Some women are drawn to military men for legit reasons, such as being physically fit, responsible, stable work, a uniform fetish, and they actually love you. Others are what they call tag chasers, simply going after military men for the benefits. You'll know who they are, they usually end up in 20 different guy's rooms in a month, and are constantly marrying and divorcing military guys. There is always a young soldier who never listens to the warnings though lol.

What Girls Said 6

• Most women who do throw themselves at them are usually cheap.. after the military benefits and lifestyle. Such professions attract the worst kind of women and you'd likely end up paying child support for a very long time along with an expensive divorce.

• Not me at least. I see it as a profession where the guy will be away a lot so not a positive thing.

• Are you joining just for that?
    -_____-

• Honestly if you are joining for that reason and only that reason only, you should consider a new career.

• No way! I want to serve my country. This is like a after though of more just wondering

• Yeah. I'm not about that. I want a women who likes me for me. I'm also not a douche that wants to sleep around😂😂

• ok well i think you will find an awesome woman. My sister dropped out of college so she could be with her boyfriend who decided to join the military after 9/11. He was stationed in North Carolina and later she went back to get her teaching degree. They're married now and have a daughter.

• Good luck and I mean haven't you ever heard of "I do love a guy in uniform!" I mean yes it's hot but if you act like a complete doche bag then it ruins it. I would be more worried about boot camp! Haha
    The girls will come! But no in all seriousness what you are doing is amazing. Stay safe

• From one service member to another, be careful of females you meet. They will try to use you.

• Is there a way to weed these types of girls out

• Yes, don't say anything about being in the military when you first meet them.

• Makes sense... I'm pretty good at not dating sluts😂😂

What Guys Said 3

• Ugh no. If you were going to come out as an officer with an awesome career track into the colonels land then maybe. Otherwise, you are another fish in a can who make a fraction of what people make for rrisking their lives. Once they are done with you then you will be left with little skill and support for actual money making jobs.

Just imagine you were running the books for the army. You'd want the biggest bang for the buck out of your army. That means few but elite troops equipped to the teeth with a lot of machines and really bigg guns. Then you spend the rest on cheap fodder to hold positions with equipments meeting the minimum. You will throw out the fodder as soon as they get expensive and you will want them in one piece or dead because veteran affairs is the bane of your money purse.

• Aye girls love a man in uniform. It's more about the attitude you bring back though. It's hard work being a marine. I'd advise you against it pal. The fighting for your flag is bullshit and all the crap you see on telly is worse but you won't listen to me. I never listened to my dad. You'll be risking you're life for wankers trying to soak the money out of the world. What you see in computer games is bollocks. It's a million times worse. You'll spew you're guts up the first time you see it then you'll feel yourself die inside in little bits every time after. It depends where you end up and what you see right enough

• I have wondered the same thing except l go to boot camp July 2016 for navy.