What can I do in this situation please?

Hey there. There's a girl in my college that I've asked out, and she said that she has a boyfriend. I don't know if it is true, or simply a rejection but I'll consider it to be true.

However, I really can't stop thinking of her. I really think of her almost every day just to see her.
The next day of asking her out, she sat next to me in my politcal class, and from there she keeps sitting next to me in this class.

I don't know what to do anymore. Could you help me out please?

Most Helpful Girl

• She has a boyfriend. She's not interested in anything except for possibly being friends.

• Thank you for your reply.

You are probably right on the fact that she's not interested in more than being friends, but for the first time in my whole life I feel like this toward a girl. I really don't know what to do, I keep thinking of her everyday. I've been attracted to girls in the past, but not that way. Never I've been so much attracted to someone.

• I'm sorry she's taken, maybe if the two of you become friends the feelings will transition into something more platonic. But if friendship is too hard for you it may be best to ask her not to be around you due to your feelings.

• Well, I'll probably go for a friendship. It hurts so much inside, but I guess that I can't do a thing about it.
      I'll have to try to think about something else.

Most Helpful Guy

• i think you just have to tell yourself that she's taken. maybe it would help to sort of distance yourself, the sort of out of sight out of mind concept... but ultimately it's just the realization that she's not an available option. So it would probably really help to start turning your attention to other available ladies

• Thank you for your answer.

You are totally right, and I do know it. However, my mind keeps telling me that she's the one I've been wanting in my whole life. I can not explain it clearly, but I've never such an intense feeling toward someone. I've been attracted to many girls in my life obviously like everyone, but this one the feeling is so much action that it has pushed me to take action and unfortunately I've received a negative result.
      Can you tell me what can I do to stop thinking of her? For the time being, I really can't stop thinking of her.

• i know it's hard to stop thinking about her in teh way you are. trust me i've been in a similar situation... heck most people probably have.

i think just turning your attention to other girls. actively pursuing or chatting to other girls may help you realize that, while she may seem like the perfect girl, there are other great possibilities out there

• Oh I see what you mean, I guess I'm gonna open up more for the single ladies. Hoping that the next one I ask out is not already taken lol. Because for shy people like me, it is really hard to take a girl's number, and asking her out is the most horrible thing that could happen.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Tough luck, mate. She has a boyfriend. You need to seek single girls.

• Thank you for your response.

On top of that, it is the first time that I ask out a girl lol. I had to take action this time, because I wasn't able to miss this chance. I never had this feeling in my 23 years toward a girl. I guess that I'll try to move on, which is a difficult step unfortunately and cannot be done for the time being.

• Thanks! And good luck to you as well! :)

• Thank you, I'll need it ;)