Why did my ex ask my friend about me?

So my ex broke up with me 8 months ago and since then I've gone no contact. I haven't seen him or texted him since then.

Anyway, the other week my friend (who my ex doesn't know I'm friends with) told me that this one guy (who happened to be my ex) was asking him if he knew a girl named so and so. My ex had basically tried to describe the way I looked, where I was from, the accent I spoke with etc and my friend had understood that it must have been me. I had told my friend about my ex on previous occasions.

My friend told my ex that he didn't know me, however, to see how my ex would react. I think the reason he was asking my friend was because we were both from the same country and ethnicity.

Why would my ex be asking random people at events whether they know me? Is he trying to get back together with me?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• He could be curious about how you're doing or just wanting to know. I wouldn't put too much stock into it, because he hasn't actually contacted you. You should continue to move on with your life and if he actually cares, he'll get in touch.