How to not be Nervous on a first date?

I've never been on a date before and I'm going on one tomorrow with this guy but I'm really nervous and I don't know what to do, how can I not be nervous? What should I do, and do you have any tips? :) how should I also act

Most Helpful Guy

• Remember you're not going to be a different person just because you're going on a date or should you be. Your date asked you out because they like the person you are. So if you go to the movies or anywhere else just be the person that you've always been. And if you were to act different or try to be a different person anyway it would only be an act. Be who you've always been have a good time!

Most Helpful Girl

• Act the way you always act. Don't fake it! Be yourself, because that's the person this guy wants to go on a date with. You!
    And everyone gets nervous on their first date! I was super nervous and I managed to fall into a trough on my first date (long story!). But, we're celebrating our 1 year anniversary on Thursday, so I can honestly say I am the poster girl for bad first dates that end up okay.
    You'll be fine! Trust me!

What Guys Said 12

• be yourself, talk and get to know each other before hand so you feel you already konw each other and are comfortable with each other

• Your going to be nervous, he will probably be nervous too.
    Just be your self and have fun.

• Act just as you always do and remember he'll be just as nervous so don't worry about it or over think it. Good luck

• I have come to the realization that not trying to impress the other person and letting them impress you makes going on dates far easier. If you place too much pressure to make a positive first impression and if you put too much stock in result and outcomes then that's where the nerves come from.

• Truthfully he will be nervous too but just don't really treat it as a date just think of it as someone of the opposite sex u like to know a lot more and just be yourself and have fun.

• Nerves are great. Keeps you sharp. You'll relax before you know it. It's a natural reaction. Don't fight it. If you're not enjoying yourself after the first hour then you can call me a prick for talking shite

• The way I do it is I just smile and think of all the amazing fun we will be having on the date.

• Masterbate beforehand. Winner!

• discipline training.

• Dont worry about impressing him.

Try to find out more about him, to see if you like him.

• Just go with the flow

• Just remember to be yourself. He likes you for you, not who you think he wants you to be

What Girls Said 3

• Its impossible!!!

• Just don't think about the date, do something else that would keep you busy.

Be yourself lol be flirty (with your date lol), funny, smart, make your date feel like you're having a good time

• I think you need to act like you're out with a friend to be yourself, but of course there are flirty thoughts added to it.