Is it bad to date someone you feel nothing for?

I've been dating a girl for 2 weeks and honestly, I feel nothing for her. I feel really shitty because my ex and I broke up like a month ago and I'm not over her so I shouldn't be dating anyone else but I feel really lonely and have no one because all my friends are mad at me.

So I actually see this girl as a friend but she likes me in a different way. The problem is that if I tell her I wanna be just friends, she'll probably say no and stop talking to me or something so I'm dating her but I don't really want to? I just wanna have someone.

The thing is, I'm willing to see what happens and maybe I'll end up developing feelings for her in the future? she's pretty and we get along really well.

Am I doing something shitty? In a way I feel like I'm using her but I do like her as a person so I don't know if I am or not.

• Tell her it's over. You're doing something wrong.
  • Keep dating her!
  • Other (explain)
Actually, like a month and a half... I suck when it comes to dates but yeah around a month and a half (the break up)

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't date someone you don't like.. That's just a recipe for disaster. I know how people feel wicked vulnerable around the time of a breakup but that can't be solved by immediately jumping into another relationship. That would just be a recipe for disaster.. You have to care about yourself for a while and build up your self esteem again. The time this can take can vary depending on the circumstances but it is very much possible. You're completely worth it and I believe in you :)

Most Helpful Girl

• And this is why you really shouldn't rebound. She's pretty much someone you latched onto for no reason but to have companionship. Don't hurt her by not liking her but keeping her.

• Yeah you're 100% right. Thanks. I hope she's fine with being friends.

What Guys Said 5

• Tell her you want to put things on hold, at least temporarily.
    Tell her you care for her as a friend, but you are still messed up from breaking up with your ex, and you thought you were ready to really date again, but you aren't sure.
    Tell her you want to give her a real chance for things to develop between you, but for that to happen, you might need to stop things, romantically, at least for a while, while you clear your head.
    She might be hurt, but especially if she's ever had a bad break, hopefully she'll understand.
    Make sure she knows you want to sort things out in your head, and make sure you think of her as someone special, and not as a rebound girl.

• Let her find someone who is excited to see her.
    Any longer than 2-3 weeks is cruel.
    I don't think you did anything wrong giving it a fortnight though

• Thank you :/ yeah I feel bad. I guess I'll have to look for new friends somehow

• Going along with it just because you don't want to lose a friendship that she wouldn't want if it's not the full deal seems wrong to me.

• The feeling of not wanting to be lonely is so often seen on girls I feel like they r fish or sheepherd. I know many who would stay in a relationship just for the fact of not being "alone" but I never heard it from guys, guess this is not the worst thing in the world for us.
    At least your relation is not toxic or abusive in any kind, right? So it's ok staying under an umbrella

• I've never had this problem before but I literally have 0 friends now. I started talking to her as a friend but things took a different turn

• You can't help it, there are different kinds of people and she won't fit as a friend I guess

• By that means I had girls attracted to me who I had only seen as a friend and they broke contact later

• Kind of in the same situation.

• What's your story?

• I guess. If she really starts catching feelings I'm going to cut it off. I can just tell she is sort of just getting attached.

• its not a crime to not have feelings for someone

What Girls Said 6

• i say keep going for now, it's only been 2 weeks. you're still probably getting to know her, and you still dealing with other emotional problems. there is still plenty of opportunity for you to develop feelings for her, even though there's no initial attraction. besides if you're getting along really well with her, why stop?

• That makes sense. Half of me tells me exactly the same you said. God life's hard lmao

• It might seem to other people that I'm doing something like that. I went on a few dates with a guy who was crazy about me but I didn't return those feelings. He still wanted to keep hanging out knowing this, until one of us finds someone we want to pursue more seriously. I couldn't really convince him otherwise since I still do enjoy his company, so we still eat and watch movies a couple times a week. Sometimes there may be a little kissing but I don't let it go beyond that point as to not send the wrong message.

• YES! DON'T DO IT! I tired to date a guy that I didn't like and he end up not like me either. Only date guy you are attractive to because its just gonna make you feel bad!

• You should end it. She deserves to be with someone who has feelings for her as well.

Instead of thinking about how lonely you are. You need to focus more on yourself. Like what you can improve on or fix a negative mentality you have towards something.

• Would you be okay with someone doing what you are doing to her to you?

• Tell her the truth. You are still dealing with the break up and you aren't sure if you should be dating yet. If she wants to stick around, she can. But let her know what's up.