Is he asking me out on a date or is this simply hanging out?

So, there's this guy I met in one of my classes, and we decided to study together for a coming midterm. We met once before class to study together, and then he asked me a week later if I wanted to me up and grab some lunch before class again. It was fun and normal, we shared stories and talked. Then today he sends me a text saying it was nice seeing me last time and if I wanted to do something fun, like bowling or rock climbing but that he was interested in other ideas if I didn't like them. So, I said yes on reflex but now I'm worried it's a date?

I'm not really interested in dating right now and I'm worried I'm leading him on, it's not that I don't like him - he's a really nice guy but I just can't see myself in a relationship. I haven't really ever dated even though I'm in university haha. I don't know why I'm so weird, but I just can't imagine myself dating - I think I'm too insecure so yeah. Is this a date or am I over analyzing and he simply wants to hang out?

Please help, I don't want to me a horrible person and play with this guy's feeling! What should I do?

• Date
  • Hanging out

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, you can find out easily enough: text him back and let him know you hope he meant that as a friendly hanging out thing, as you're not interested in dating right now, and it's totally okay if he wants to cancel.

It sounds like a date ;p And if you two hit it off, it may turn into something anyway?

Most Helpful Girl

• He likes you and wants to spend time with you. Go have fun, get out of your comfort zone. It's nice having a nice guy who cares.

• Thanks I think i'll go, get out of my comfort zone as you said. One question, he once said he kissed a guy twice when he was drunk (once for a dare and other after the party) but claims he's straight and was just really drunk. Do u think he might actually be gay?

What Guys Said 1

• As @Jaye234 said "Go have fun, get out of your comfort zone."

You are OK if it's not a date. But you are not OK if it is a date. That's pure psychological. I think you are just making excuses to avoid leaving your comfort zone. I know it can be easier said than done. Been there myself. But you really should do it. Just relax and not think too hard about it. You'd probably enjoy yourself and you know it. :)

What Girls Said 0