Why do guys have to do all the dirty work?

Can't girls grow some balls and approach guys they are interested in, at least once in a while or something?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some do. Not all just wait.

Most Helpful Guy

• You hit the nail right on the head my friend

What Girls Said 3

• Socialization.

• I really dont think that qualifies as dirty work hahah!!! It's always sweet when the guy makes a move or flirts.
    Besides, when girls try to flirt around they are regarded as sluts/whores. I mean why can a guy ask someone out and if she rejects him, he can ask someone else but girls can't do the same with guys? I think it's because of society, girls just prefer to wait and see which guy would actually feel like she's "worth it"!

• constantly figuring her out, approaching, playing the game, gauging interest. Of course that's dirty work.

• Only the best kind! :* Try to get her alone and see how it's like! :D

• Sure, if they want to but being a girl has very few perks so I tend to enjoy that guys do most of the asking, ahaha :) :P

• ha. ha. ha.

• :) On a serious note, I don't think guys should do ALL the asking, but for some reason society expects guys to commit to this role. It's probably really hard asking someone out on a date. Never really thought guys get nervous though because I've yet to meet a girl who says no to a guy's face without being diplomatic?

What Guys Said 8

• Women are doing work too, you just don't spot it. They make themselves receptive, ie with a warm gaze, body language, a smile etc if they're receptive, you approach. If they're not, you don't. If you don't, you don't get laid. The female energy is receptive, the male is forward moving. It actually feels good when you're active as a male, it feels worse when the woman initiates... kind of emasculating...

It's tough, but also a fun challenge. If it came easily, you wouldn't appreciate it the same way...

Your task, should you choose to accept it (and should it apply to you), is to work on your self esteem, so you're not paralysingly self doubtful, and to learn to listen to subtle female cues, because... not all women are going to like you. If they don't like you, then you're going to get rejected almost certainly...

• This is insightful. I truthfully don't have self-esteem issues and approach often, but it's just annoying lol.

• Some do beleive it or not. But honestly, we are all conditioned to view things a certain way in different cultures. It just so happens to be that in our American culture, men have to to approach women. You dont have to but thats what women expect from you so thats just life. Get out there and get some digits player.

• It happens. However some girls need liquid courage.

• haha "liquid courage" !

• They should but they won't

• Girls should grow balls? That's ironic.

• "Can't girls grow some balls and approach guys they are interested in, at least once in a while or something?"

Because if they grew BALLS, THEY WOULDN'T BE GIRLS!!!
    DUH!!!

• yesssssssssssssssssssssss

• No. They adore you but love to make you mad.