How many of you women pay for the first date?

Just curious

• I do
  • I don't

Most Helpful Girl

• I would cause I hate feeling like I'm spending someone else's money.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well usually the guy does the asking and the one that asks should be the one that pays. I usually pick something like ice skating or bowling though for a first date and so I'm not really spending all that much money.

After a first date I think it should be whoever feels like spoiling the other person should pay. It's about WANTING to pay for your partner not being obliged to. I don't like the 50/50 thing nor do I like the take turns thing because that just feels too systematic and not romantic at all.

What Girls Said 14

• Split the bill...

• We'd both pay for ourselves

• I don't pay for the first but I like to be fair so I like taking turns paying. so I pay for second him for third me for fourth etc

• I'd split it half and half or I pay for my own and he pays for his.. Easier that way. :D

• for me it depends. if im a college student living off of. ramen and i date a 28 year old withba secure income and is saving money for a house i dont pay.

but if i ask out a guy who is also a college student i pay. because i asked him out. if he asked me out ill either split or buy the coffee after

• pay for ourselves.

• neither. I pay for myself

• If I ask, I pay. If he asks, I offer to pay for all or just my half. I don't like being bought everything but don't like buying everything either. I think it should be 50/50 or take turns paying. :)

• If I asked him the I would offer to pay, but I think splitting it is far easier for everyone.

• I'd pay for my own food, thanks.

• when i was dating, most of my dates would insist on paying even when i offered to pay my share

• I've never actually been on a date but if I did I would want to split the bill.

• I do NOT...

• I usually split, but I did pay every time during my last relationship. Goes with the territory of dating younger sometimes.

• Yeah, mainly because of seeing people as equal and women fighting for their right to work and have high salaries, then after you pick up your first job you say, "I don't want to pay for this." Cheap bastards.

• Huh?

What Guys Said 5

• Each pay what they order themselfs. This to avoid problems..

• I never will! Viva la my wallet.

• Is it not normal anymore to pay for the food you buy yourself?

• No matter what date or outing with a girl I will be the one paying the bill or check

• How do you know she isn't just using you?

• Normally when you ask a girl out your not think oh she is going to date me for my money and if that is the case you will figure it out in her behavior or the way she is acting. I have never gone on a date where she was just using me.

• dont knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww