Why do a lot of girls place importance on height?

This is something I've never been able to understand. For me if he's hot, he's hot lol. Height doesn't really make a difference to me.
I'm just trying to figure out why exactly it is so important to others.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think a lot of girls place importance on height. It's just the girls on here do. I haven't had problems getting girls. Even girls taller than me want me.

• LOL

@Prettygurl12 No. You're not and women aren't. Men are just as much choosers of sex as men are. I've been pursued by women and have denied enough.

I choose who I want to mate with and other men do too. Plenty of men on here are very particular as to what they are attracted to.

I can't say I'm picky in terms of what I'm attracted to. Like the Asker hot is hot. However, the vibe does have to be right and if it isn't I'll deny a girl. I've given them cold shoulders before and I'll do it in the future.

Your mindset speaks of pure ignorance.

• *Men are just as much choosers of sex as women are.

• Thanks for MH

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll never understand it myself lol I usually end up with someone within 3 inches of my height, mostly because they're eye level with me. If I'm going about my daily life and you happen to be taller than me I probably didn't even see you lol I've dated guys shorter than me and a few inches taller. As soon as they hit 6' they're in outer space to me

What Guys Said 7

• Lots of girls are into height. For all the obvious reasons you would assume, biology, status, etc. So rightfully so, makes sense.

• Is being tall actually biologically better than being short?

• Depends if u ask a tall or a short person Lol

Read a study in business school, average Fortune 500 CEOs are above average height. Interpret that as you wish.

• Its the so called hunt for genes if they are shorter they want a shot at their child being tall if they arn't.

• There are still lots of women out there who have that modern mentality and it makes them feel secure when with a taller man.

• I don't know 😂 I don't think anyone really cares about it tho

• Have u ever seen a girl being taller then their boyfriend? Its hilarious..

• dont knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Because hollywood spoon feeds us what beauty is supposed to look like.

What Girls Said 3

• 'Cause we can.

Biologically speaking, women are the choosers of sex. Men are the pursuers of it. Women (females of the species) pick whom they wish to mate with.

Whether it's a societal factor or a biological one, height in males is generally considered desirable right now.

So as the chooser of sex rather than the pursuer of it, women get to be picky and whatnot about what height they desire in a partner.

• Exactly what I've been saying for years.

• Women are biologically definitely not the "choosers" of sex. If you look at how mating used to work when we used to live in nature it was a lot harsher than that.

It's only relatively recently that women have become able to be the "gatekeepers" or "choosers" of sex, but thats because of societal reasons. And even now I think its starting to get a little bit less obvious cause women are becoming more sexually open and are more likely to pursue sex themselves.

Anyway that has pretty much nothing to do with that you're able to be picky when it comes to height, or how do you explain how men are able to be picky about weight for example when they are the pursuers? It all has to do with desirability, if you're really unattractive it doesn't matter even if you were the chooser or the pursuer, you won't be able to be picky.

• @Maik675 - You obviously have never watched Animal Planet, have you? :p It's not a man/woman thing it's a male/female thing.

• because we want to. We have perferance and so do guys!

• But what exactly drives that want? That's what I don't understand.

• Its not an all fits all. I can't speak for every guy. I can try but all you care about is that one guy am I right?

• Height isn't a big deal.
    I prefer a guy closer to my height.

My fiance is actually an inch shorter than me