Is it ok to tell a new boyfriend I'm taking an antidepressant?

I'm worried how it will make me look. There is such a stigma associated with it and I don't want to scare him away. How would you react if someone told you that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah perfectly ok

Most Helpful Girl

• Be honest. If it scares him away... just be thankful you aren't with a guy you almost settled for. Like they say, " if someone doesn't accept you at your worst, they sure don't deserve you at your best".

If someone told me they were on antidepressant's , I'd appreciate their honesty, and be happy that they trusted in me enough to disclose that to me.

Lots of people take antidepressants, many need to see therapists. I admire people who recognise they need extra support, because they have been too strong on their own for too long.

What Guys Said 2

• It's really not a big deal, 80% of the population is taking one.

• Yea it's fine and he could try and help you

What Girls Said 2

• If it scares him away you are better off without him but I wouldn't make a big deal of it. He'll see you taking them at some point and ask you what it is.

• I honestly wouldn't tell a guy i like about that not right away! I guess i am the type to hide that stuff and only focus on him rather than me! Like it all about you!