I asked a girl what confidence meant and she said it meant never giving up, is that true?
So if a girl is giving you a cold shoulder you should try more? But surely that's not right?
Most Helpful Girl
No. Confident people know when to give up. Sometimes it's better to give up and let go, than to desperately hang onto an idea, or person, even though it won't get better. What separates confident people from insecure people is that they learn from the experience and don't become devastated by it. Whereas insecure people take it too personally and see it as another reason to hate themselves.
If a girl is giving you the cold shoulder, you can try for a little while if you feel like it. But usually it's just best to move on and find someone else.
1. Chasing after people who don't want you is a waste of time and feelings.
2. If you chase after a girl who's playing hard to get, she'll learn that giving the cold shoulder is a good tactic. It's a way for her to get what she wants. Then she'll never stop playing games and testing you, not even when you're in a relationship. Communicating will become difficult and she'll never be completely upfront about her feelings. Instead of teaching her that that's a good thing, you should just walk away and show her that it's a bad tactic, a bad way to attract others.2
Most Helpful Guy
Confidence means having faith in what you say, do etc based on some knowledge and facts. Devoid of knowledge and/of facts it's low complex related defiance.
Never giving up can be 3 ways
1. Determination - Clear focus on what requires to be achieved and giving up is a choice when one feels the effort is not worth it
2. Will power - after a point of time requires resources to retain it
3. Obstinacy - can go on after resources are exhausted but may be devoid of clear thought or logic - blind0