Guys, if a girl is physically attractive but is boring and doesn't talk much, do you still go for her?

I'm curious, so this definitely isn't the first time I've had this happen but there's been plenty of times I'll get a date with a cute/decent looking girl off tinder or any of the sites who may be very cute or even decent but the problem is they don't have much in common or they just don't talk much. Like they'll respond but don't do anything to further the conversation and give one word replies or just flat out generic responses.

I hate being in those situations because I think it puts pressure on me in the sense that it's all up to me to come up with interesting stuff to say all the time or else it'll be quiet and awkward. I just don't understand how some are "interested" but don't make any attempt despite agreeing to a date. Funny thing is they'll claim you're the boring one when they don't do anything but the reality is, they're the boring one. And I try not to talk about myself the whole time, but it's hard not to when they don't say anything and don't even say much when you ask about them.

I usually give the person a chance as sometimes a person is more talkative in person than on the phone, but guys when you're in these situations, do you still try to date the girl and let her open up or do you end it and look for someone else?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not unusual for any girl of a certain age to have nothing to say. You learn when you're young to waffle on for hours and do all the talking. Just open your mouth and let your guts spill out is the phrase we use. Girls usually love just listening. It helps if you know how to make things funny and interesting. Eventually they grow comfortable with you and start brightening up. Got to treat them with kids glove the quiet ones though. They're quiet for a reason. They don't trust themselves not to say something daft so patience is the key word. Build them up. Beautiful roses are boring buds at the start until the sun shines on them. Never judge a person harshly. Could be a diamond inside bursting to get out

• I mean I don't judge them right away if they're shy and quiet from the start but open up. It's if they're constantly like that and leave me to do all the work because it's hard to tell if they're interested or not. Not to mention the conversations get awkward and feel forced.

• Pretend you're just entertaining an audience and don't need feedback. They hang onto your every word mate. I find it kinda flattering when I've got somebodies undivided attention and they look engaged.

What Guys Said 14

• No, I hate girls like that. I straight up just can't stand boring people period. Her looks aren't gonna carry shit with me, she can go find someone else with her bland ass personality, which I'm sure she'll have no problems doing, plenty of suckers out there who fall for just a pretty face.

• Yeah I mean looks are important to an extent but they aren't everything. The issue with these types of women is you don't know if you're doing too much or too little because they're giving you nothing to work with and no cues. It's like if you talk too much when they're not doing anything, it's either you come off as desperate and the conversation is forced or you don't know if you're bugging them and they're not interested but if nothing is said, then it is quiet.

• And not to generalize all women, but you ever notice lately that a lot of women off tinder and dating sites that say their only interests are outdoors, netflix, hanging out, and stuff. It's like there's no way you could be that fucking boring. It's like what I coincidence, i like to do stuff and hang out too!

It's not even about having the same interests really but I'm open to new things and hearing what girls have to say about their interests or views even if we don't see eye to eye. At this point, I'd much rather be with a girl who never shuts up and says what's on her mind than one who says nothing at all.

• I most likely would, mainly because i'm somewhat similar so for me to criticise someone for it is stupid.

• But what I'm talking about is ones who NEVER initiate conversation and every time you talk to them, they give one word/generic replies constantly and don't do anything to further the conversation. It gets boring man.

• Nope. She has to do more than just show up and look pretty.

• Yep, I guess what I should have asked is do you try to see if she opens up further on and give her another shot or just end it after one date?

I also get confused when some girls message me on dating apps and give me their number asking to text but also don't contribute to the conversation. It's like are they wanting me to interview them?

• I've had more than enough dates like that, where it's like pulling teeth. Depending on whether I see any potential for opening out or not, I might have another or I might not.

• Not talking much might be ok. I'm a quiet person, myself. I might get her to talk more via wanting to be in a conversation with me or something.
    Being just plain boring would ruin the chances, however...

• Yeah there have been times where I ended it because although the person would reply and be open to anything, I feel like I'd have to type up a script of what to say before seeing her and that shit is painfully annoying.

• I'll eventually get bored in the process.

• Yeah it's like some girls can be shy at first and then eventually open up but if they're constantly like that then yeah I quit seeing them just for that sole reason. Hell even with some male friends, I felt like I was reading off a script when talking to them. I mean it'd be a pretty boring friendship if you had to think about what to say before hanging with your friends each time. Same goes for dates.

• I will make her interesting just by taking her to places that intrigues her so we do have things to talk about. :D.

• No personality no date. Or no second date. Got asked out by a girl out to dinner. She NEVER Talked I could hear the clanging of my fork on the plate. Worst date ever.

• Yeah I don't understand those types, especially when they're the ones who seek you out first or ask for a first, second date but expect you to do all the work and will judge you if you don't have something interesting to say all the time. Fuck that.

• I know right the other day a girl met me and then decided not to hang and sge acted like she had a good time

• No, i would break the contact. Its so annoying, interest needs to come from both parties.

• Only to have sex with her.

• I would probably give it a shot, and break up with her if their was no chemisty

• That's how it usually goes. I'm open to give it a shot but if I feel like there's multiple awkward silences and that I'm trying too hard then I decide that it's not gonna work out, regardless of how physically attractive the girl is.

• It's like even if we don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, at least she's talking ya know?

• Ya I mean if she is even open to speek with more than 1 to 3 word answers and never starts coversations, the whole date sucks and I won't call back. I mean if we don't agree on things or have chemisty but she is willing to speek a good amount at least we can get through the date and then not call her

• Nope. Personality is far more important to me.

• i wouldn't also props for finding a real attractive girl on tinder i keep running into the scammers

• Oh I still get scammers from time to time, I used to get lots of them. It's crazy, once I changed my pictures, and I only have 2 up now, I started getting more matches and more attractive ones while at it. Not complaining or bragging, just something I noticed.

• It's all chance man. I just keep swiping until it's a mutual match. If you think you're not attractive or need to improve, change pictures I guess but also don't take misleading pictures.

• Well the only matches I get are scammerw

• It depends, if she's smart then yeah I would take a shot.

• I find ways to try and open her up, but if she still remains deadpan after so much effort then i will end it.

• Yeah same. I was so confused, one time I had a date with this girl and then we were supposed to have another date next week and she got busy with work 2-3 times in a row and didn't offer to reschedule so I was like fuck this, next. Then a month later, she hits me up wondering how I was doing and said she wanted to meet up again and apologized and said she was busy.

• Hmmm... maybe she was expecting something else rather than just talking. Sometimes girls just wanna hold hands and be more physical. And u have to find interesting topics too. But yea sometimes there i just that odd girl that inputs nothing.

• That's the thing though. When girls give you nothing to work with and no cues, they're hard to read. It's like you don't know if you're doing too much or too little.