Too soon to be in love?

There is a guy I met on facebook - basically a friend of a friend. We haven't met in person yet but we've been talking a lot for a little over a week now. He is very sweet so far. My concern is with how fast he's moving. A few days ago he started talking about our "future" and also started calling me babe. Then a day or so later he told me he loved me. I don't understand how it could be possible when I feel we hardly know each other and haven't even met in person. Last night he told me again he loves me. Am I overreacting to be this freaked out? How should I handle it?
Why would a guy act this way and is it really possible to love someone this quickly under these circumstances?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, way too soon. Besides, you haven't met him in person yet. You're just being delusional here. Take things a bit more slowly.

• Sorry, HE'S being delusional, and he needs to take it slower.

• I'm not the one who said it, he did! I'm the one freaking out! :)

• Ok I see your correction :)

Most Helpful Girl

• No, you're not overreacting at all. Maybe you should tell him to slow things down a bit but that you want to continue talking to him and getting to know each other some more. Maybe he just really wants you, but you can assure him that as long as things go smoothly that he has nothing to worry about. Don't rush love :) good luck! <3

What Guys Said 1

• A week? Thats nothing there is no love. If you feel something its called puppy love and yes even grown ups can get them

What Girls Said 1

• My current boyfriend and I were the same way. We had never met, but we went to the same parties. Anyways we talked all day and night, we said we loved either other. We have been together over two years now and have a daughter together (: i think it's possible but if you don't feel the same about the guy tell him. If it makes you uncomfortable tell him.

• I really like him but I'm not at that point and don't know him well enough to feel that way. I did tell him that. I hope it came across the right way; I do want to see where things go and I don't want to hurt his feelings.