Found my boyfriend texting some girl he met on tinder. Am I overreacting?

I was hanging out with my boyfriend yesterday and I took his phone and jokingly asked if I could go through it. Then he said sure and clicked on messages and started scrolling. Then I saw a convo with a girl called "Tinder Francesca" so I asked him to explain because the convo was dated during the time we've been going out. He said that they met on Tinder before he and I started dating, and that the girl now has a boyfriend too and that it wasn't anything. I skimmed the messages and it was just small talk and no flirting and I trust him in the fact that I don't believe he would cheat on me (because he's been cheated on before) and other than that he's been an amazing boyfriend. Obviously he's still capable of cheating on me but its highly unlikely, but I didn't know how to react to this situation... opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• he said it was nothing, you have no proof that indicates otherwise, and you seem to believe him. what more is there to say?

• true. I just fail to see the reason why he had to continue talking to her in the first place. thats what I can't get over, because they don't really know each other at all.. its not like they became friends or something

• evidently they did!

Most Helpful Girl

• He's just talking to someone... he clearly has nothing to hide if he let you go through his phone so I'd leave it.

What Guys Said 4

• He's a nice guy
    Stop worrying

• BEWARE- there are loyalty issues with your guy... watch him

• Be very cautious; he's probably getting some on the side.

• I am going to be cautious moving forward, but i can say with a 100% confidence that he's not getting anything on the side lol

• I know most people would argue, but guys are a better liar than girls; guys can live multiple lives without their other spouse knowing, and guys are for the most part are a better cheater that most girls. It's good that you give him the benefit of the doubt and you're 100% sure he's probably not sleeping with another person, and you said it yourself, "He's been an amazing boyfriend" and "it was just small talk". Perhaps you may not have anything to worry about after all. I do hope everything works out for you two and hopefully you can trust one another again 100%.

• either you trust him or you don't. Wanting to go through his phone shows you don't really trust him

• no but i was joking, all i did was pick up the phone. he's the one who clicked messages and started scrolling, i didn't actually want to go through it

What Girls Said 3

• that's shady... i'll move on and leave him

• He seems to have nothing to hide, and hasn't attempted to hide anything. You have read the messages, do you think a cheating man would allow you to do that? I don't. I think everything is as he says it is.

• Exactly, it was all just small talk

• He hasn't hidden anything from you, the opposite in fact. He was probably glad you looked through it and saw how innocent it was. Means you don't think he is sneaking behind your back.

• Move on. You already saw the messages anyway. There's not really another way to react to it. You can't get upset because like you said yourself, he wasn't flirting. Small talks. Besides, he dated her before you anyways.

• he didn't date her though. they were just talking. which is why I was like is this even worth being mad about?

• Not worth it. Its pointless.